Upper Dolpo Trek
Highlights of Upper Dolpo Trek:
- Magnificent views of great Himalayan peaks
- breathtaking landscapes
- Large numbers of ancient monasteries
- Different communities
- Beautiful tranquil lake as well as sparkling waterfalls
Dolpo region of Nepal was unknown to many people across the world before. However, after the successful OSCAR nominated movie Caravan which was shot in the area was released worldwide the region got much needed attention. Eric Vallie directed this documentary drama film garnered accolades and lots of awards. The visual beauty and the story plot really attracted lots of people towards this place. The film showed the daily activities of people living in Dolpo region including the Salt Trade route. Unique Adventure International created this itinerary with view to incorporate all aspects of Dolpo region in Upper Dolpo Trek package. Trekkers will be able to get accustomed with the local culture and natural splendid attractions.
The journey of the Upper Dolpo Trek starts at Juphal after the illustrious flight from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and finally to Juphal. Galloping through forests, villages, rivers and hills trekkers reach the Phoksundo Lake. It is the deepest lake of Nepal and offers visually attractive landscape. Mountains on backdrop and hills could be matched with the imaginative fairyland. Journey extends further towards Shey Gompa Monastery. The region has vast number of people following the Bon and Buddhists religion more inclined towards Tibetan culture. Trekkers will explore the area and gather visual delights of numerous mountains along the way. It would be great to add in your travel tale. The tranquil and less crowded area will undoubtedly remain as your best into the wild adventure moment of your life. Journey then returns back to Juphal through various places. Jen Ja La Pass and Sebu La Pass are only hurdles before walking through hilly terrain in this trail while returning.
Upper Dolpo Trek will remain as the most magnificent off the beaten trekking adventure of your life. Feel yourself what Thinle (Character in Movie Caravan) experienced. Live like locals for about a month time in the most remote region of Nepal. Book this amazing adventure trekking package with Unique Adventure International.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu, tranfser to hotel
Day 02 : Sightseeing in Katgmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 03 : Fly to Nepalganj, overnight at hotel
Day 04 : Fly to Juphal and start trek to Dunai, overnight at tented camp
Day 05 : Trek to Hanke Check Post, overnight at tented camp
Day 06 : Trek to Sumdo, overnight at tented camp
Day 07 : Trek to Ringmo (Shey - Phoksundo Lake), overnight at tented camp
Day 08 : Rest and explore around Shey - Phoksundo Lake and villages inhabited by Bon and Buddhist settlers,overnight at tented camp
Day 09 : Trek to Silver Forest, overnight at tented camp
Day 10 : Trek to Ngondala (Seula Bhanjyang Base Camp), overnight at tented camp
Day 11 : Trek to Shey Gompa, overnight at tented camp
Day 12 : Rest at Shey Gompa,overnight at tented camp
Day 13 : Trek to Saldang, overnight at tented camp
Day 14 : Rest at Sandang, overnight at tented camp
Day 15 : Trek to Sibu, overnight at tented camp
Day 16 : Trek to Jenjala Base Camp, overnight at tented camp
Day 17 : Trek to Se La Base Camp, overnight at tented camp
Day 18 : Trek to Dho Tarap, overnight at tented camp
Day 19 : Rest at Dho Tarap, overnight at tented camp
Day 20 : Trek to Big Cave, overnight at tented camp
Day 21 : Trek to Lahini, overnight at tented camp
Day 22 : Trek to Tarakot, overnight at tented camp
Day 23 : Trek to Heute Ghar, overnight at tented camp
Day 24 : Trek to Dunai, overnight at tented camp
Day 25 : Trek to Juphal, overnight at tented camp
Day 26 : Fly to Nepalganj & continuous to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 27 : Explore to kathmandu. overnight at hotel
Day 28 : Departure to yours own destination
What is included?
- Airport transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj and Pokhara with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals in a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Guded sighseeing tour in Kathmandu inclusive with all entrance permits fees.
- Tented camp accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Shey Phoksundo National Park, Upper Dolpo & Lower Dolpo Special Permit and fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licneced by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced trekking porter (s) or mules.
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Flight Ticket from Kathmandu - Nepalgunj - Juphal - Nepalganj - Kathmandu.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All taxes, VAT, service charge.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant with cultural dance .
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu and Nepalganj.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance, Rescue & Evacuation (medical insurance & helicopter rescue).
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
- Visa Fee.
- Trekking Equipment list.
- Travel and personal expenses.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 4,690 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 28 days
- Best Season : Spring, Autumn & Summer
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 3358 meter
- Max Altitude : 5093 meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min – 2