Jalamukhi Temple Trek
- Breathtaking scenery of Nepal Himalayas
- Local community, custom, culture
- Exploration of hamlets
- Religious spots etc.
Unique Adventure International is pioneering company in the field of Nepal Trekking. Therefore, it is our responsibility to provide touristic activities in all places of Nepal as far as possible. Therefore, our travel planners visited the new destination to identify possible alluring trekking route in the off the beaten trail category. Henceforth, we are pleased to present the Jalamukhi Temple Trek for the great exploration of remote rural Nepal. The place is overlooked by government of Nepal but it is so mesmerizing that we couldn’t help creating an itinerary for this destination.
Jalamukhi Temple Trek is nearby Kathmandu and takes place in Dhading Gorkha circuit. The temple is located in Dhading district and has great importance during festivals like Dashain, Holi and Panchami. According to various myths the temple was formed after the statue of goddess was found nearby Sunkhani village. Goddess appeared on dream of locals the same night and instructed them to erect a temple. At top of the hill the temple was constructed and there after pilgrims of the locality flock in the area. Besides religious beliefs the temple is equally famous for scenic beauty and multiethnic cultural understanding. Most of the locals and followers strongly believe that whoever makes wish with pure soul gets fulfilled. After visiting Jalamukhi Temple trekkers can explore around Gorkha palace. The place is famous for Gorakhnath Baba temple and Gorkha Kalika temple. The place is historically very significant for Nepal as well. The great King Prithvi Narayan Shah started campaign to unite Nepal.
Book the Jalamukhi Temple Trek package and explore the unique rural place of Nepal traveled by very few travelers. You will see different perspective of Nepalese lifestyle while traveling around Jalamukhi Temple. Natural wonders are plenty and cultural grandeurs are equally handful. Therefore, your trip of Jalamukhi Temple would be overwhelmingly successful off the beaten trekking in Nepal.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Day 02 : Guided sightseeing around Kathmandu valley, overnight at hotel
Day 03 : Drive Dhading and start trek to Sunkhani village, overnight at homestay
Day 04 : Climb up to Jalamukhi Temple to explore sunrise and panoramic mountain views and continuous trek to Salyantar / Aarughat, overnight at homestay
Day 05 : Trek to Khanchok, overnight at homestay
Day 06 : Trek to Gorkha, overnight at homestay
Day 07 : Drive back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 08 : Free day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 09 : Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination
What is included?
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cosy homestay accommodation whilst on trekking.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, trained and licenced by the Government of Nepa, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced trekking porter.
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Airport transfers.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 1,150 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 9 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 900 meter
- Max Altitude : 1522 meter
- Trip starts : Dhading
- Trip ends : Gorkha
- Group size : Min – 1