Mt. Shivling Expedition
The word Shivling literally refers “the phallus of Lord Shiva”. Mt. Shivling is among the most stunning peaks of Garhwal, Uttarakhand of India. The mountain rises as a absolute pyramid above the snout of the Gangotri Glacier. Its amazing form is often compared to that of “Matterhorn peak”. The mountain is well defined by steep rock faces on all sides; besides the west flank which is moderate enough slope for snow accumulation.
Shivling is twin-summated mountain with the northeast summit slightly higher than the southwest summit. Gaumukh, a holy site of Hindus is source of Bhagirathi River. Tapavan meadows lie between Shivling and Gaumukh.
Since its first ascent on June 3, 1974, at least ten other routes have been identified to the summit which used all major ridges and most major faces of the mountain. Though it is not of great elevation, peak is dramatically rocky and difficult to climb that makes it a famed prize for mountaineers.
This holy Mount Shivling attracts thousands of devotees every year. The nearest airport is at Jollygrant and the nearest railway station is at Rishikesh.
Day 01 : Arrival at Delhi, transfer to Hotel
Day 02 : Stay in Delhi for official procedure and briefing of expedition., overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Train ride to Haridwar. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 : Drive to Uttarkashi. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 05 : Stay in Uttarkashi. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 06 : Drive to Gangotri. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 07 : Trek to Gamukh. Overnight at Camp
Day 08 : Trek to Tapovan. Overnight at Camp
Day 09 : Trek to Base camp. Overnight at Camp.
Day 10-35: Climbing period in Shivling. Overnight at Camp.
Day 36 : Trek to Gangotri. Overnight at Camp.
Day 37 : Drive to Uttarkashi. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 38 : Drive to Delhi. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 30 : Stay in Delhi for de-briefing of climb. Farewell dinner in the evening. Overnight at Hotel
Day 40 : Transfer to airport, departure onward destination.
What is included?
- Travel Visa to India.
- All airport transport.
- Royalty for Mt. Shivling , Liaison officer and Climbing guide.
- 4 nights hotel accommodation in Delhi on a twin sharing basis
- Hotel en route to base camp and back
- Base Camp tent on twin sharing with mattress
- Group dining tent with table and chairs
- Kitchen equipment, Shower and Toilet tents
- Quality trek food breakfast, lunch and dinner at Base camp
- Transport to trailhead and back
- Other necessary procedura costs.
- Porters/Yaks to carry expedition food and gears to BC and back(maximum 30 kg)
What is not included?
- Service above Base camp (such as high food, high tents etc.)
- Personal expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Additional costs due to flight cancellations, road blockage etc. unpredictable reasons.
- Lunch and dinner in Delhi, Haridwar and Uttarkashi
- Your travel insurance.
- Tips, Laundry, Phone calls etc.
Highlights of the Trek
Exploring Ladakh landscapes, Ladakhi people and their life standard, Khandrong La pass, barren mountain escapes etc.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 40 days
- Best Season : July - August
- Country : India
- Max Altitude : 6543 m
- Trip starts : Delhi
- Trip ends : Delhi
- Group size : Min - 1