Manaslu Trek - Cultural Trail
Highlights of the Trekking
- Trekking through beautiful authentic Hindu and Tibetan-style villages.
- Spectacular scenaries of the Manaslu.
- Pristine mountain views and rich culture
Manaslu Trek Cultural Trail is newly designed trekking route by Unique Adventure International. It is basically the exploration of Manaslu Region including the epicenter of 2015 earthquake the Barpak Village. Journey is beyond imagination because of the rural hilly landscape, terraced farmlands, villages and outstanding Himalayan scenery. Numerous waterfalls, rivers and historical place represent this trail. Multiethnic people are encountered during this amazing journey to the Hilly-Himalayan hiking excursion. Brahmin, Chhetri, Sudra, Baisya, Gurung, Magar, Rai, Tibetan and other castes of people’s villages are explored. This trip will give an amazing time of experiencing the hilly-Himalayan tribes’ traditions and culture.
Unique Adventure International believes in providing authentic travel experience avoiding any tourist traps. Our itineraries and information are not hypothetical rather these packages are created meticulously by our travel planners after field visit. Manaslu Trek Cultural Trail is designed in such a way that trekkers can experience the rural hilly landscape, multiethnic culture and fantastic mountains. Trip starts from Kathmandu on a bus drive to Gorkha. This town is the most iconic place in Nepal’s history and identity. Nepalese are known all over the world as fierce Gurkha Soldiers. This name is first associated with this place. People can explore around the palace area as well. Journey traverses through forest, streams, rivers, farmlands and hamlets to reach Barpak. This village is remembered as the most scenic and compact village of Nepal. It used to be the most beautiful clustered and heavily populated Gurung Village. However, after earthquake everything changed. Lots of support poured in from many agencies and government too. It is not sufficient yet people are rising again. Trek around it and hike of Dharche Hill for the sunrise experience. Mountains like Ganesh Himal, Manaslu and others are seen astoundingly in morning rays. Trekkers will come back to Kathmandu from Soti on private vehicle.
Book the Manaslu Trek Cultural Trail with the team of Unique Adventure International. Your curiosity about epicenter of 2015 earthquake and Manaslu area’s splendid Himalayas will be answered during this trip. Cultural understanding of multiple ethnic group of Nepal is worth experiencing.
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airprot by our representative, transfer to hotel
Day 02 : Drive to Gorkha (1060 meter), 5 hours drive, overnight at hotel
Day 03 : Drive to Bhachek (1730 meter) and trek to Sirandanda, 4 hours drive and 2 hours walk, overnight at homestay
Day 04 : Trek to Barpak (1915 meter), 7 hrs walk, overnight at homestay
Day 05 : Trek to Laprak (2100 meter), 6 hrs walk, overnight at homestay
Day 06 : Trek to Sambe Kharka (2915 meter), 5 hrs walk, overnight at homestay
Day 07 : Wake up early in the morning to see the sunrise over Himalaya from Dharche Danda (3220 meter), then decend to Lapubesi (884 meter), 7 hrs walk, overnight at guesthouse
Day 08 : Trek to Soti Khola (700 meter), 3 hrs walk, overnight at guesthouse
Day 09 : Drive back to Kathmandu, 8 hours drive, overnight at hotel
Day 10 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley (visit Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambunath Stupa), overnight at hotel
Day 11 : Transfer to airport, departure ownward destination.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
All conditions stated in the itinerary are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement regarding your interest and financial condition.