- Trek to the base camp of world's 7th Highest Peak
- Trekking through glaciers, challenging high Himalayan passes, panoramic views of great Himalayan peaks
- Exploring Nepalese lifestyles
Dhaulagiri Trekking is adventure walking holiday package filled with excitement, risk and thrill including some gorgeous portion of Annapurna circuit Trek and Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek route. If you are an admirer of glaciers, woods, hamlets, mountains, grassy meadows and hills then this one is perfect for quenching your traveling hunger. Unique Adventure International is really pleased to create an itinerary for such tranquil and daunting trail for trekking in Nepal. Test your perseverance while crossing high passes and living around the high Himalayan belts of Nepal.
Dhaulagiri region is billed as the hidden valley of Nepal. Dhaulagiri Trekking is challenging as well as refreshing. Various glacier trails and high passes make it daunting. Villages and forests including various waterfalls make it enticing. The addition of Ghorepani and chance to observe sunrise from famous Poon Hill have made it even more meaningful. The crossing of French Pass (5320 m), Italian Col, Dhampus Pass (5200 m) and Thapa Pass can become the most challenging moments of your traveling tale. The region can be an epitome of adventure wilderness in the off the beaten trails of Nepal. World’s narrowest Himalayan gorge the Gandaki Gorge is also present on the trail which can be captured in your eyes or in your camera. Trekkers will encounter hilly tribes, Himalayan Tibetan tribes and Thakali tribes on the way. After visiting the Dhaulagiri Base Camp trekkers take another route back to join with the Annapurna Circuit Trek route in Marpha village with stronghold of Thakali people. From this place trekkers will take rest in natural hot water springs at Tatopani before ascending to Ghorepani. After sunrise view from Poon Hill trekkers descend to Nayapool for the drive to Pokhara. Henceforth, some people call Dhaulagiri Trekking as Dhaulagiri Annapurna Circuit Trek also.
Book the Dhaulagiri Trekking in Nepal with us and get away from monotonous lifestyle back home. You will find the tranquil environment unlike Everest region and Annapurna region trekking in Nepal. Book with the most reliable trekking agency of Nepal the Unique Adventure International and fulfill your dream of reaching the base camp of Mt. Dhaulagiri.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Day 02 : Drive to Beni, overnight at guesthouse
Day 03 : Trek to Babiyachaur (870 meter), overnight at guesthouse
Day 04 : Trek to Dharapani (1470 meter), overnight at guesthouse
Day 05 : Trek to Muri (1850 meter), overnight at guesthouse
Day 06 : Trek to Boghara (2080 meter), overnight at tea shop
Day 07 : Trek to Dovan (2500 meter), overnight at tea shop
Day 08 : Trek to Sallaghari (2825 meter), overnight at tea shop
Day 09 : Trek to Italian Base Camp (3650 meter), overnight at camp
Day 10 : Rest and acclimatisation at Italian Base Camp, overnight at camp
Day 11 : Trek to Glacier Camp (4210 meter), overnight at camp
Day 12 : Rest and acclimatisation at Glacier Camp, overnight at camp
Day 13 : Trek to Dhaulagiri Base Camp (4700 meter), overnight at camp
Day 14 : Rest and acclimatisation at Dhaulagiri Base Camp, overnight at camp
Day 15 : Trek to Hidden Valley (5050 meter) via Frech Col Pass (5360 meter), overnight at camp
Day 16 : Exploration Walk around Hidden Valley, overnight at camp
Day 17 : Trek to Yak Kharka via Dhampus Pass (5240 meter), overnight at tea shop
Day 18 : Trek to Jomsom (2670 meter), overnight at guesthouse
Day 19 : Fly to Pokhara, overnight at hotel
Day 20 : Drive to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 21 : Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 22 : Transfer to airport, departure back home
What is included?
- Airpor transfers
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast
- Three meals in a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking
- Cosy guesthouse / tea shop / tented camp accommodation whilst on trekking
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit fees, Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) permit
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, trained by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation
- Highly experienced trekking porter (s)
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Flight Jomsom - Pokhara
- All necessary ground transportation (Kathmandu - Beni, Pokhara - Kathmandu).
- All applicable taxes, VAT and service charge.
- Rescue and emergency evacuation arrangement if needed (Travel insurance is recommended to bring)
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal nature expenses
- Bar and beverage bills
- Your Travel Insurance
- Rescue & Evacuation
- Gratitude (tip) for staff
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 2,750 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 22 days
- Best Season : Spring and Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 920 meter
- Max Altitude : 5360 meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmadnu
- Group size : Min - 1
Your Travel guide
Trip by Locals connects travelers with local Travel Guide here you'll find all the essential information you need to plan the perfect trip.