Mount Shishapangma Expedition
Mount Shishapangma Expedition (drive via Zhangmu)
Shishapangma (8,013 m) is the fourteenth highest mountain in the world and the lowest of the eight-thousanders. It is a beautiful mountain from which we get a splendid panorama of the Himalaya range. The mountain is entirely located within Tibet. Among Hindus, it is known as Gosainthan (Abode of God Shiva). It was the last 8,000 meter peak to be climbed, due to the restrictions on visits by foreigners to the region imposed by Tibetan and Chinese authorities till 1978AD.
Both the mountains, Everest and Shisapangma have similar climatic conditions. April-May and October-November are the best climbing seasons to climb Shisapangama. Our climbing program follows a normal route of North-West that progress upward with the inclination up to 35 degree.
Unique Adventure International has designed the package to strat this trip by a drive via Zhangmu- border town between Nepal and china. During this trip you have a great chance to explore mysterious Tibetan plateau, cultural, natural heritage and panoramic views of giant Himalayan peaks
Main rope, Down Sleeping, Bag, Down Jacket, Gore-Tex jacket, Trouser, Climbing boots, Trekking boot, ICE-axe with Ice hammer, Rucksack, Crampon, Stick, Harness, Get up (Boot clover), Snow Glass, ICE Screws, snow Shavel, Carbine Lock & unlock, Head Lights, Wind Proof Jacket & trouser, Down Trouser, Wind Proof Trouser, Water Bottle, Woolen Gloves, Bag Cover, Wind mask for climbing, Climbing gloves, Socks for climbing, Personal Medicine, Eight figure, Knife
Note: You can bring the necessary gears from your own country or can buy or hire from the stores of Kathmandu.
Unique Adventure International always efforts to operate the itinerary as per the negotiation made. Not always, but extreme adventure activities being operated in remote mountain regions, bears high risk and needs to be flexible. Unpredictable incidents, accident, weather conditions or flight schedule may be the reason that forces us to make slight changes in our scheduled programs. We expect your patience and cooperation in such circumstances.
Days 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Days 02- 04 : Sightseeing in Kathmandu, apply and wait for visa procedure.
Days 05 : Drive Kathmandu to Zhangmu (2350m)
Days 06 : Drive Zhangmu to Nyalam (3750m)
Days 07-08 : Rest day at Nyalam for acclimatization.
Days 09 : Drive Nyalam to Shishapangma Base Camp (4700m)
Days 10-12 : Rest Day at Shishapangma Base Camp for acclimatization.
Days 13 : Shishapangma Base Camp to Advance Base Camp (5600m)
Days 14 : Advance Base Camp
Days 15-39 : Climbing Period, overnight at tented camp.
Days 40 : At Advanced Base Camp (5600m)
Days 41 : Advanced Base Camp to Base Camp
Days 42 : Sishapangma Base Camp.
Days 43 : Cleaning Base Camp
Days 44 : Drive Base Camp to Zhangmu.
Days 45 : Drive Zhangmu to Kathmandu. Transfer to hotel.
Days 46-47 : Rest day in Kathmandu.
Days 48 : Departure from Kathmandu.
What is included?
- • Tibet Visa and Travel Permit.
- • Liaison officer and Interpreter.
- • 6 nights hotel accommodation at Hotel Yak and Yeti or similar with breakfast.
- • Climbing Permit fee for Mt. Shisapangma.
- • Food & Fuel during the trek and expedition period.
- • North Face or similar quality high altitude tent for higher camps
- • Single tent for each member, staffs, climbing Sherpa at the base camp.
- • 5/5 bottles of oxygen per member and guide with mask and regulator.
- • Expert professional Nepalese expedition crew like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide and mountaineering gears till to the ABC are provided; and our crews get all expedition facilities from our company itself.
- • Full Board hotel in route to Tibet (Bed, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- • Tibet Visa and Travel Permit for expedition crew.
- • Insurance, equipment allowance, wages and daily allowance for expedition staff.
- • All camping equipments: sleeping tents, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table & chairs and other necessary kitchen utensils whilst on trekking and expedition.
- • Group climbing equipment such as necessary fixed rope, ice screws, ice bars etc.
- • First Aid kit bag, trekking map & duffel bag.
- • Solar panel at the base camp.
- • Restop toilet bag.
- • Yak Porter (40Kg per person's will be carried by Yak) from Base Camp to Advance Base Camp.
- • Yak Porter (30Kg per person's will be carried by Yak) from Advance Base Camp to Base Camp.
- • All grounded transportation by Jeep / Mini Bus for members and Truck for equipment from Kathmandu - Zhangmu - Base Camp - Zhangmu (Vice Versa).
- • Advance Base Camp - Emergency Oxygen, Mask & Regulator.
- • Satalite phone (Pay Call).
- • Walkie Talkie for each staff and member.
- • Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
- • Expedition T-shirt with label and banner.
- • Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- • All necessary organisational requirements.
- • Tip etc.
What is not included?
- • Personal equipment for climbing.
- • Personal Insurance of climber.
- • Climbing food, Gas & stove above advance base camp.
- • Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- • Rescue Jeep (US $ 600, if incase).
- • Radio Permit and walkie - talkie.
- • Climbing Sherpa.
- • Personal expenses.
- • Entry and re-entry visa to Nepal.
- • Bar and beverage bills.
- • Extra Yak (US $ 100 per Yak if required).
- • Your travel insurance.
- • Tip and gratitudes for staff etc.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 48 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 2350m.
- Max Altitude : 8013m.
- Trip starts : Zhangmu
- Trip ends : Zhangmu
- Group size : Min - 1