Saribung Peak and Chulu Exploration
Saribung Peak is considered as technically easy to climb but there are high ice passes that make journey tough though. We have organised several climbing trips to Saribung Peak and it is the best selling trip for our valued clients. So, we are well known about Saribung Peak, its climbing information, routes and guides are well experienced for climbing this peak.
Chulu is the higher peak and lies in a small valley of north Manang; off the main trail to the Thorong La. The peak was climbed by a German Expedition team via the North East Ridge in 1955. Peaks are difficult to differentiate between the two Chulus. However, the Chulu group comprises of four peaks; two in the east and two in the west. There are no technical difficulties in ascending these peaks but the progress can be slow as the slopes are vulnerable to avalanches in certain conditions. These peaks are lying together which forms an integral part of the Manang Himal which includes in the Larger Damodar Himal as well.
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, transfer to hotel.
Day 02 : Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley, overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Fly to Pokhara .Overnight in Hotel
Day 04 : Fly to Jomsosm, Jomsom - Kagbeni (2800m) 3h [245m ascent – 140m descent]. Overnight in Trekking lodges
Day 05 : Kagbeni – Chele (3075m) 6h 30 [920m ascent – 240m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 06 : Chele – Geling (3560m) 7h [1 270m ascent – 785m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 07 : Geling – Dhakmar (3820m) [735m ascent – 500m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 08 : Dhakmar – Tsarang (3580m) 7h [370m ascent – 575m desent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 09 : Tsarang – Lo Manthang(3809m) 5h [350m ascent - 125m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 10 : Lo Mantang, Rest; Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 11 : Lo Manthang – Yara (3,900m) [280m ascent - 700m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 12 : Yara – Luri Gompa (3500m) 5h [535m ascent - 50m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 13 : Luri Gompa – Ghuma Thanti (4856m) 6h [1 050m ascent – 200m descent] Overnight in Tent BLD
Day 14 : Luri Gompa – Rest; Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 15 : Ghuma Thanti – Parsche Khola (4200m) 4h [575m ascent - 350m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 16 : Parsche Khola – Damodar Khunda (4890m) 5h. Overnight in Tent
Day 17 : Damodar Khunda to Base camp (5240m) 3h [270m ascent] Overnight in Tent
Day 18 : Base camp – Moraine Camp (5720m) 5h [530m ascent - 50m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 19 : Moraine Camp – Saribung Pass (6042m) – Saribung Peak (6328m) – Bhrihuti BC (5070M) 12h [610m ascent – 1 260m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 20 : Bhrihuti BC – Phu (3995m) 6h [200m ascent – 1 100m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 21 : Phu, Rest: Overnight in Tent
Day 22 : Phu – Mahendra Pul (3425m) 5h 30 [510m ascent – 1 080m descent] Overnight in Tent
Day 23 : Mahendra Pul – Naar (4100m): Overnight in Tent
At Naar starts our exploration of the Chulu East form the north side (10 days): We want to find a new and easy climbing route for Chulu East. Porters and cooking staff we accompany us as far as feasible, at least to a basecamp beside the glacier below the Chulu East North-East ridge.
Day 33 : Kang La Phedi (4500m – Kang La (5320m) – Ngawal (3750m) 7h [820m ascent – 1 570m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge - now at Annapurna Circuit
Day 34 : Ngawal – Gyaru – Brathang (2840m) 6h [300m ascent – 1 210m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 35 : Brathang - Dharapani (1900 m) 6h 30 [400m ascent – 800m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 36 : Dharapani – Syange (1050m) 6h 30 [450m ascent – 1 250m descent] Overnight in Trekking lodge
Day 37 : Syange – Besi Sahar - Kathmandu Overnight in Hotel
Day 38 : Free day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 39 : Transfer to airport, departure onward destination.
What is included?
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Airport / Hotel transfers.
- Expert Climbing Guide and porter
- Three meals in a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cosy guesthouse and Tented camp accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry and trekking peak royalty fees.
- All necessary staff with an experienced fluent English speaking trekking and expedition guide trained and licenced by Nepal Mountainering Association (NMA), cook and assistant expedition guide.
- Highly experienced trekking porters to carry luggage (1porter per 2 trekkers).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All governmental paperworks and procedures.
- All government and local taxes.
- Satellite phones and Gamow bag.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Visa fee for Nepal.
- International airfares, extra baggage and cargo charges
- Visa Fee.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expenses.
- Meals and extra night (more than stated in itinerary) accomodation in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses
- Personal expedition equipment.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel and rescue Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation costs.
- Your optional and extended trips e.g. sightseeing, rafting etc. (other than the negotiated)
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Main rope, Down Sleeping, Bag, Down Jacket, Gore-Tex jacket, Trouser, Climbing boots, Trekking boot, ICE-axe with Ice hammer, Rucksack, Crampon, Stick, Harness, Get up (Boot clover), Snow Glass, ICE Screws, snow Shavel, Carbine Lock & unlock, Head Lights, Wind Proof Jacket & trouser, Down Trouser, Wind Proof Trouser, Water Bottle, Woolen Gloves, Bag Cover, Wind mask for climbing, Climbing gloves, Socks for climbing, Personal Medicine, Eight figure, Knife
Note: You can bring the necessary gears from your own country or can buy or hire from the stores at Kathmandu.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 39 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 140meter
- Max Altitude : 6328meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min - 1