Panchase Hill Trek
Highlights of the Trekking
- Breathtaking Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri range, Manaslu.
- One of the most popular sunrise view point Panchase.
Panchase Trek is definitely a supreme short yet most exhilarating trekking route of Annapurna region. Journey consists of plethora of mountains on the backdrop and splendid rhododendron forests. Terraced farmlands and multiethnic village of Magar, Gurung, Brahmin, Chhetris and other castes harmoniously living within the ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) have given differing dimension to this alluring short trekking adventure. For hikers and trekkers who are not willing to spend so much of energy and are accustomed to easy walking routes this is an ideal choice to make.
During this trekking in Nepal one can cover three districts of Western Nepal – Parbat, Kaski and Syangja. Journey can be as diversified as possible. From sightseeing trip of Lake City Pokhara to terraced farmlands walking would prove to the focal point of this trekking. During Panchase Trek one can witness mountains like Machhapuchhre, Annapurna and Himchuli from possibly the most perfect viewpoint. Panchase hill top endow views of landscape, mountains and villages as far as lowland terai and hilly region of Nepal. Trip starts from Pokhara from where a bus drive will take trekkers to Khare Khola which is on the way to Birthplace of Lord Buddha Lumbini. From this place the first camp after starting the walking is at Bhumdi. Journey further straighten towards Panchase Bhanjyang from this place. Once you are at top the scenery will be spellbinder. Grasp the scenic beauty in your eyes and camera. This is definitely a sight to behold after you have walked for two days. Return trip is equally mesmerizing as we walk through lush forest of rhododendron and terraced farmlands before reaching the Kande. Bus drive of about 1.5 hours will take trekkers back to Pokhara.
Book the Panchase Trek for the best wilderness experience in short days’ time. Unique Adventure International specializes in Annapurna region trekking activities. With us your investment in traveling will be safe and secured.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
After your arrival at Kathmandu, one of our representatives of Unique Adventure International will acknowledge you and transfer you to the hotel. Later afternoon includes the preparation and short briefing of the journey. And the foremost night will be spent at the hotel itself.
Day 02 : Kathmandu valley sightseeing, overnight at hotel
Today, sightseeing around the cultural heritage sites enlisted in UNESCO World Heritage List in Kathmandu will be organized. Initially, you will be taken to the holiest Hindu temple of Nepal, Pashupatinath. Soon after, you will be headed towards second largest stupa in the world, Bauddhanath, then to the self born Swayambhunath where we can even enjoy the view of beautiful Kathmandu valley. Durbar Squares of Kathmandu and other two major sub cities Bhaktapur and Patan will be visited as well which are utterly preserved and shows the glimpse of prehistoric era of Nepal. After the entire day journey, we will be staying overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Drive to Pokhara, overnight at hotel
Early in the morning, the trail begins with a drive for about 5-6 hrs and reach Pokhara where we will be gifted with an outstanding panorama of river and countryside throughout our drive. After arrival to Pokhara, you will be transferred to the hotel and after some refreshment, sightseeing tour of Pokhara such as Davi's fall, Gupteshwor cave and out of the world experience of boating at Fewa Lake. Later we will be staying overnight in the hotel.
Day 04 : Drive to Khare Khola and trek to Bhumdi, overnight at homestay
The day starts with a short drive for half an hour all along the Tansen/Bhairahawa Highway to Khare Khola. Your trek commences with an ascent for an hour and you reach the first rural community of Kalabang. The gradual ascend walk for just an hour and half, you reach to Bhumi Danda. Down the way, you cross the local villages inhabited by the Brahmins and Chettri ethnic group. You get to view the Annapurna ranges, Annapurna II, Annapurna IV, Annapurna south, Machhapuchhre (Mt Fishtail), Himchuli in wider range and other peaks like Lamjung himal, Buddha peak, Ngadi chuli and many more from your camp spot itself.
Day 05 : Trek to Panchase Bhanjyang, overnight at homestay
If the climate is clear, the beautiful mountains view becomes visible throughout the trail. Today the trek takes us uphill through forest and ultimately to Bhanjyang, a petite settlement at the base of Panchase. The views of Pokhara Valley and Phewa Lake are exceptional and we will be staying overnight in Bhanjyang.
Day 06 : Trek to Bhaudaure via Panchase hill, overnight at homestay
This morning you ascend through stone steps up to Panchase hill almost at 2,500m, the highest spot of your trek. You are again rewarded with stunning views of sunrise and snowcapped- peaks. Then we descend down the remote side of the hill to Alldanda. We subsequently walk down to the campsite, with the views of the mountains above the villages which is located just over the town of Bhadaure. We get an opportunity to experience a blend of cultures of different inhabitants, Brahman, Gurung and Kami.
Day 07 : Trek to Kande, overnight at guesthouse
Today's trek starts with the ascend walk from Bhadaure 1650m to Kande 1770m.
Day 08 : Drive back to Pokhara, overnight at hotel
After breakfast, we take a drive to cover the distance of 28 Km and reach to Pokhara within jus half an hour. Today is a free day for you so you can relax on your own, or you may explore around Pokhara and visit the remaining eye-catching sites. Later we will be staying overnight in the hotel.
Day 09 : Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
After Breakfast, a domestic flight will take you back to Kathmandu and transferred to hotel. Today is a free day therefore you can enjoy on your own for shopping or hanging around.
Day 10 : Departure on your own destination
After Breakfast, you will leave for Airport or for your next destination.
What is included?
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cosy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licenced by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation
- Highly experienced trekking porter(s).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Airport transfers.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
Whatever conditions the stated itinerary follow, are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement regarding your interest and financial condition.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 1,320 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 10 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 919 meter
- Max Altitude : 2509 meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min - 1