Nyeshyang Valley Trek (Manang)
Annapurna region trekking in Nepal is the most famous trekking destination of Nepal. It comprises of renowned trekking routes like Annapurna Circuit Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Tilicho Lake Trek, Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek and other short trekking routes. Apart from usual routes off the beaten trails are also equally famous. Mardi Himal Trek, Khopra Hill Trek and Nyeshyang Valley Trek are upcoming best trekking routes of this region. Among these off the beaten trails Nyeshyang Valley is the most remote and mystical destination. Trekkers can experience the Tilicho Lake Trek route and Annapurna Circuit Trek route during this journey.
Nyeshyang Valley Trek is trip to the remote village of Manang district. Apart from traditional villages of Manang mountain vistas, icy glacial lake and monasteries are attractions to behold. Journey is similar to Tilicho Lake Trek as it starts with flight to Humde. From this place trekkers take route of Pisang and Ngawal to reach Manang. After acclimatization, trekkers trek to Khangsar Village. This is one of the major villages of Manang district. Among numerous villages beyond mountains this village is very significant as it is in the crossroad to Tilicho Lake and Khecho Ice Lake. From Khecho Ice Lake trekkers will reach the viewpoint from where one can gaze at Pisang Peak, Khangsar Kang, Tare Kang, Chulu East, and Annapurna II & IV. While returning back to Humde for the flight to Kathmandu trekkers will get firsthand knowledge of Milarepa Caves. This is also called as pigeon caves and in ancient times many monks used to meditate inside these caves. Journey is definitely enticing prospect. Culture, nature, mountains and historical places make this one of the best off the beaten trekking trail of Nepal.
Book the Nyeshyang Valley Trek and experience Manang in different way. Trek like never before and find out the untainted areas of Nepal.
Day 01 : Arrival Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
Upon your arrival, our representative of Unique Adventure International will acknowledge you at Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu. You will be then transferred to the hotel. We can either relax in the afternoon or hang around and explore the city. You will have a traditional Nepalese dinner where we take delight in a Nepalese cultural program as well as food and stay overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Flight to Humde, and trek to Pisang, overnight at guesthouse
After breakfast, we take the 30-minute flight to Humde (3330m.). After arrival at Humde, we will then trek to Pisang (3200m.) all the way through a deep forest in a narrow and vertical valley, cross a river over a bridge (2,910m.). We then come across another bridge (3,040m.) and view of the soaring Paungda Danda's rock comes into our sight. In a while, the track connects to go up to Pisang.
Day 03 : Trek to Ngawal, overnight at guesthouse
This day we start our trekking to Ghyaru Village and Ngawal Village which are the oldest communities in this region. There is actually a tough start to the day with 400m straight ascend. This high route will take us to an altitude of 3700m and we can enjoy the amazing views of Annapurna II and III. Very antique monasteries and houses are the highlights of the day. We walk downward to Braga Village which is situated in the height of 3360m and finally to Nwagal Village.
Day 04 : Trek to Manang, overnight at guesthouse
Today we trek to Manang with Day trip to Milarepas cave where a beautiful monastery is situated.
Day 05 : Sightseeing in Manang, overnight at guesthouse
Today we have a rest day in Manang. We can either take rest or travel around and observe the spectacular sites of the village.
Day 06 : Trek to Khangsar Village and Chongkar viewpoint, overnight at guesthouse
An hour away from the Manang is a place to lounge down and lighten up, stare at the skies and mountains above, view the villages below, and for peace within the soul. Chongkar View Point was first exposed by the Nyeshang natives many ages ago since they started to build their settlement and observe the activities down in the valley. Papachong field's gentle wind, wildflowers of numerous types was abandoned by the Nyeshang people for greater sanctuary from the vulnerability of the Himalayan border. The view of Annapurna ranges from this point becomes breathtaking. Later we make our way to the west of Manang all the way down to the river, the beautiful Tilicho Lake. After we come across the Khangsar Khola, we reach our destination at Khangsar and walk to the village area which is a traditional Tibetan type.
Day 07 : Trek to Kecho Ice Lake and back to Braga, overnight at guesthouse
Accordingly, we move to another site trip as day hiking to the lake named Kecho Lake above Manang, which is known as Ice Lake. It is situated at the altitude of 4600 meter above sea level. The trail pursue to just north hill and you can see a white curtain at the top from Manang. Ice lake trek offers gleaming mountain peaks such as Pisang peak, Manaslu region mountains, Tilicho peak, Annapurna 2nd, 4th, Gangapurna, ,Khangsar Kang, Tare kang, Chulu east and far east. There are two lakes but second lake will be seen after ten minutes walking behind from the first lake.
Day 08 : Day hike to Milarepa Cave and trek to Hunde, overnight at guesthouse
Today we trail to Milarepa Piren Phu (pigeon cave), which is one of the most holy caves in the Tsum valley. It is situated at the foot of a rocky cliff near the village of Burji. The famous Tibetan saint, Milarepa was believed to meditate at this cave. There are two separate Gumbas attached to the stony cave. Splendidly decorated Buddhist murals, long prayer flags, excellent artistic scripts imprinted on stones and significant Buddhists paper scripts make this cave one of the vital socio-cultural advantage in the valley.
Day 09 : Flight to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Today, we will take a flight from Hunde airport to Kathmandu. You can either relax or travel around the rest of the city and later overnight stay at hotel.
Day 10 : Transfer to airport, departure back home
You will be taken to the Airport or to your next destination.
What is included?
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cosy guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Annapurna Conservation Area permit and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licenced by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation
- Highly experienced trekking porter(s).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Airport transfers.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
Whatever conditions the stated itinerary follow, are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement regarding your interest and financial condition.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 1,750 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 10 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 4600 meter
- Max Altitude : 3300 meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min - 1