- Exploring the Tso Rolpa ice lake
- Breathtaking scenery of terrace farmlands
- Panoramic snow covered soaring high Himalayan peaks.
Rolwaling Trek is supposed to be the most challenging and thrilling trekking route under off the beaten trekking trails of Nepal. However, we have created the itinerary suited for all ages. If you want to explore Rolwaling the grave valley without straining your body then this is perfectly suited trekking package. Get the most rewarding scenery of Mt. Gaurishankar and Na camps’ scenic landscape. You will start your trekking from regular Rolwaling Trek Region spot but finish your trekking at the starting point of Everest Base Camp Classical Trekking route in Jiri.
Journey of Rolwaling Trek takes trekkers to amazing hilly and Himalayan villages of Dolakha and Solukhumbu district of Nepal. Only place which might be very challenging for the trekkers is at Nar. Moreover, this place offers quintessential scenery of geographical landscape and Himalayan delights. Trekkers will forget every pain or perseverance endured during walking on this trail. The villages like Singati, Jagat, Simgaon, Na, Bedding etc. are crossed before reaching the Jiri. On the trail trekkers will come across various tribes of Nepal from Brahmins to Sherpa. You will be able to observe the change in vegetations, community settlement, wildlife and people on the way. At the end of the trail you will find yourself in the starting point of Jiri Everest Base Camp Trekking route. Major mountains seen on this trail are Mt. Gaurishankar, Chobutse and others. Captivate yourself with the splendid creations of Mother Nature and allures of Dolakha as well as Khumbu region of Nepal. You will be surprised that in just about fortnight of walking journey you will come across different perspectives of lives in Nepal.
Book the Rolwaling Trek which is categorized as moderate trekking route under off the beaten trails with us. Your venture of Nepal will be worthwhile to be kept as part of your beautiful traveling memories ever.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu, transfer to hotel
After we land at Kathmandu International Airport, you will be greeted by our Nepali representatives who will also explain us about our trek. After the clarification, we are sent to our respective hotels to stay a night.
Day 02 : Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley, overnight at hotel
After our breakfast, we will go for the sightseeing Tour to Swayambhunath Stupa, where you can see lots of monkeys and a beautiful view of Kathmandu Valley. This matured stupa is also known as Monkey Temple. After that, we will be visiting Boudhanath Stupa, second biggest Stupa in the world & Pashupatinath Temple, famous Hindu Temple as well. Overnight at a hotel.
Day 03 : Drive to Dolakha, overnight at guesthouse
We will drive to Charikot from Kathmandu which is around 133 kilometers away from Kathmandu, Charikot offers a stunning peak view of Gaurishankar.
Day 04 : Trek to Ratmate river side, overnight at guesthouse
Day 05 : Trek to Pikhuti Bazaar, overnight at guesthouse
Day 06 : Trek to Singati, overnight at guesthouse
Today our trail moves ahead from Pikhuti Bazaar and passes through gravel way crossing the number of villages of mixed group of people. Also, you have to go across the numerous streams and woods with a range of rhododendron, orchid and other natural plant life.
Day 07 : Trek to Khare, overnight at guesthouse
Day 08 : Trek to Jagat, overnight at guesthouse
After going across Koshi River, today we will climb to Dhunge Patti for around an hour and after that walk to Pisker (1760m) through Aklaigaon. We will have our lunch at Pisker and then move to Jaljale. Go up for around an hour again to reach at Dang Jhale (2450m) then ultimately you will reach Jagat.
Day 09 : Trek to Simigaon, overnight at guesthouse
Today, we will trek from Jagat to Simigaon (2020m.) taking around seven and half hours. In the beginning the path follows flat route after that it moves up and down through the forest. Number of villages comes on our way. Steeply making way up to Simigaon, we will reach at a village occupied by few Hindus and Buddhists.
Day 10 : Trek to Daldung La, overnight at guesthouse
Day 11 : Trek to Beding, overnight at guesthouse
From Douan, it takes around 5 hours walk from DAldung La to reach Beding (3653m). As soon as we reach at Beding we set our camp to relax.
Day 12 : Trek to Na, overnight at guesthouse
Today we will move to Na leaving Beding, a summer meadow on a plain under the gigantic Kang Nachugo (6735 m). It is one of the superb camping places that offers offers great vistas of Chobutse (6689 m).
Day 13 : Rest for acclimatization, overnight at guesthouse
We have a day rest at Na Gaun today after a long day travel the day before. And also in order to properly acclimatize at the high altitude, we relax today. Alternatively, you can go around for sightseeing at Na Gaun.
Day 14 : Trek to Daldung La, overnight at guesthouse
Today we will go back descending through the woody area and we will witness small sight of Gaurisankar until we arrive at Daldung-La. On the way, we will have number of ascends and descends. Overnight at Daldung La.
Day 15 : Trek to Jagat, overnight at guesthouse
After having our breakfast, we begin our trek from the camp and keep on climbing and descending down until reaching Jagat. En-route, we will pass through the striking village and all along the stream. Overnight at Jagat.
Day 16 : Trek to Singati, overnight at guesthouse
On this day, we will continue our trek passing through the picturesque terraced meadows and all the way through the woods until we will arrive at Shingati.
Day 17 : Trek to Danda Kharka, overnight at guesthouse
Day 18 : Trek to Dhunge, overnight at guesthouse
Day 19 : Trek to Jiri, overnight at guesthouse
Day 20 : Drive to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Today we will drive back to Kathmandu by bus.
Day 21 : Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 22: Transfer to airport, departure back home
What is included?
- Airport transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Guesthouse and tented camp accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Gaurishanker Conservation Area permit fees and Sagarmatha National Park entrance permit fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, trained and licenced by the government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced trekking porter(s).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Flight Lukla - Kathmandu.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 2,490 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 22 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 1650 meter
- Max Altitude : 4200 mete
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min – 1