Shishapangma Base Camp Trek
The long hidden peak above 8000m is Mt. Shishapangma. Among fourteen peaks above 8000m, Shishapangma is one. The peak that lies in the main Himalayan ridge approximately 80 kilometers north east of Kathmandu Valley right behind the Langtang Himal is at an altitude of 8013 meters height. The peak of Shishapangma is explored from the Shishapangma Base Camp around 14 days trek. As it is inaccessible from Nepal, we take a day-drive to Nyalam—a place in Tibet— from Kathmandu. The next day we stay here and get used to it. The other day we precede our trek to Draabochhan.
Right from Draabochhan, we follow the track on foot to Shishapangma Base Camp at an altitude of 4980m via Shingdip at 4560m. While returning we follow the track on foot to Nyalam (3780m) via Draabochhan. Finally we drive to Lhasa via Lhatse (4050m), Shigatse (3900m) and Gyantse (3950m). After 2-days stay in Lhasa, we fly back to Kathmandu. The interested climbers to explore fair and easier trek from Tibetan side has the best option to trek to Shishapangma Base Camp. The trail to Shishapangma Base Camp provides remarkable as well as varied experience with its alpine walk and alluring meadows of green lush. A fine exposure of colourful wild flowers can also be experienced on the way. The weather mostly remains here fine and clear during the day, but most of the nights during June to September remains wet.
Unique Adventure International always efforts to operate the itinerary as per the negotiation made. Not always, but extreme adventure activities being operated in remote mountain regions, bears high risk and needs to be flexible. Unpredictable incidents, accident, weather conditions or flight schedule may be the reason that forces us to make slight changes in our scheduled programs. We expect your patience and cooperation in such circumstances.
Day 01 : Drive to Nyalam (3750M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 02 : Acclimatization at Nyalam, overnight at tented camp.
Day 03 : Trek to Draabochhan (4110M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 04 : Trek to Shingdip (4560M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 05 : Trek to Sishapangma base camp (4980M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 06 : Trek to Draabochhan, overnight at tented camp.
Day 07 : Trek to Nyalam (3780M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 08 : Drive to Lhatse (4050M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 09 : Drive to Shigatse (3900M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 10 : Drive to Gyantse (3950M), overnight at tented camp.
Day 11 : Drive to Lhasa (3650M), overnight at lodge
Day 12 : In Lhasa, overnight at lodge
Day 13 : In Lhasa, overnight at lodge
Day 14 : Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
What is included?
- Tibet Visa and Travel Permit.
- • Liaison officer and Interpreter.
- • Expert professional Nepalese crew like Cook, Kitchen boy, ABC guide and our crews get all facilities from our company itself.
- • Full Board Hotel accomodation in route to Tibet (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
- • Airfare Lhasa- Kathmandu and all ground transportation by Jeep / Mini Bus for members from Lhasa - Basecamp - Nyalam - Kathmandu.
- • All ground transportation by Jeep / Mini Bus for Nepalese crew and Truck for equipment from Kathmandu - Nyalam - Base Camp - Nyalam (Vice Versa).
- • Tibet Visa and Travel Permit for crew.
- • Daily Wages, equipment fees and Insurance for Nepalese crew.
- • All camping equipments (Dining Tent, Kitchen Tent, Mess Tent, Toilet Tent, Table and Chairs.
- • Satellite Phone (Pay Call).
- • Souvenir T-shirt with label and banner.
- • Sightseeing in Lhasa with entrance fees and guide.
- • All necessary documentation and processing costs.
- • Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
What is not included?
- • Personal equipment for trekking.
- • Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- • Rescue Jeep, if in case.
- • Radio Permit and walkie - talkie.
- • Personal expenses.
- • Entry and re-entry visa to Nepal.
- • Bar and beverage bills.
- • Your travel insurance.
- • Tips etc.
Highlights of Trekking
Panoramic views of Mt. Shisapangma, gripping city of Lhasa, Tibetan landscapes, explore large numbers of monasteries in Sigatse, Gyantse and Lhasa, ever-smiling Tibetan people.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 14 days
- Best Season : Spring, Summer & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 3750m.
- Max Altitude : 4980m.
- Trip starts : Nyalam
- Trip ends : Lhasa
- Group size : Min - 1