Milke Danda Trek
- Exploring village people and their way of life
- Great Himalayan panorama including Mt. Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjungha
- Beautiful blooms of different flowers including rhododendron
Out of 14 mountain peaks over eight thousands meter height eight mountains are present in Nepal. Mt. Makalu and Mt. Kanchenjunga are within top ten tallest mountains of the world. If you want to see both these mountains in just about 12 days of walking holiday then Milke Danda Trek is an awesome option. Lots of trekkers across the globe wanted to visit Kanchenjunga Base Camp or Makalu Base Camp but their plans are hindered because of the long detour. Therefore, travel planners of Unique Adventure International created this package for the best view of Mt. Makalu and Mt. Kanchenjunga.
Milke Danda Trek is short trekking route which endows even the view of Mt. Everest as well in a clear weather. Therefore, it can be categorized as the most exciting off the beaten trekking trail of Nepal. Flight to Tumlingtaar from Kathmandu is the first action on this trip. Trekkers will walk along the ridge dividing the Tamor and Arun Rivers. As trekkers ascend higher towards Milke Danda the scenery differs in every camping nights. The sight of Mt. Everest (8848 m), Mt. Makalu (8463 m) and Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586 m) will only inspire you to trek further. The usual visuals of Sherpa villages and Tibetans as well as Yak caravans would just rejoice your eyes. During months of April and May blooming rhododendron flowers will welcome you in your every step of trekking.
If you have a holiday for less than a two weeks time and want to spend those holiday walking hills and mountains of Nepal then Milke Danda Trek is an ideal choice. Trekkers don’t have to go through any gruesome altitude sickness problems. It would be serene walk on the rural setting of Nepal. Moreover, the sunset or sunrise scenery as seen from Milke Danda would provide the heavenly feeling for trekkers. Hurry up and grab your tickets to Makalu, Everest and Kanchenjung Viewpoint trip of just 12 days in Nepal.
Day 01 : Fly to Tumlingtart and trek to Hokse, overnight at tented camp
Day 02 : Trek to Chainpur, overnight at tented camp
Day 03 : Trek to Jaljala, overnight at tented camp
Day 04 : Trek to Bhalukhop, overnight at tented camp
Day 05 : Trek to Milke Danda, overnight at tented camp
Day 06 : Excursion around Milke Danda and to explore the beautiful views of Mt. Kanchanjung and Mt. Makalu, overnight at tented camp
Day 07 : Trek to Mayam, overnight at tented camp
Day 08 : Trek to Chainpur, overnight at tented camp
Day 09 : Trek to - Tumlingtar, overnight at guesthouse
Day 10 : Fly to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 11 : Leisure in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 12 : Transfer to airport, departure
What is included?
- Airport transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Tented camp accommodation whilst on trekking.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, trained and licenced by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced trekking porter(s).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Flight Kathmandu - Tumlingtar - Kathmandu.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 2,890 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 12 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 2580m.
- Max Altitude : 3580m.
- Trip starts : Tumlingtar
- Trip ends : Tumlingtar
- Group size : Min – 2