Gokyo Lake Valley Trek
Highlights of Gokyo Lake Valley Trek:
- Trekking to the beautiful lakes in Nepal
- Incredible views of Mt. Everest, Cho Oyu & Ngojumpa Glaciers from Gokyo Ri
- Glimpse of Buddhism and Sherpa Culture
- Crossing Renjo La an incrdible experience
During diaper days people often wondered that tranquil hamlet at the shores of blue turquoise lake surrounded by mountains as fairyland. Icing on the cake of this thought would be complete with grassy meadows, green lush forests and dancing waterfalls. Do you know that such place really exists in this world? Annapurna region of Nepal and Everest region of Nepal trekking is blessed by such magnificent places. Get glimpse of world’s tallest mountain Mt. Everest along with others from disparate perspectives other than regular Everest Base Camp Trekking journey. Gokyo Lake Valley Trek is the only trekking route of Everest region where trekkers can enjoy terraced farmlands, villages, high altitude pass and more than 5 Himalayan lakes.
Gokyo Lake Valley Trek follows regular Khumbu Trekking route from Lukla until Kyangjuma near Namche Bazaar. Phakding, Manjo and acclimatization activities are similar. However, trekkers take left trail towards Phortse Danda rather than the Tengboche route. Phortse Danda really is an enticing place to gaze at great Dudhkoshi Valley all the way to Larpchen Bridge below Namche Bazaar and Choyu Mountain on far distant. Sight of Tabuche and green lush forests up to 1st Lake of Gokyo will remarkably make the trip eco-friendly. Listed in Ramsar Site the Gokyo Lake System comprises of six lakes out of which our journey takes to 5 of them. Passing by 1st and 2nd trekkers will reach the 3rd lake which is also known as Gokyo Lake. Journey further extends to fifth lake passing by fourth and again returns back to Gokyo for overnight. It is said that the scenery of Mt. Everest as seen from this trail is no match to other viewpoint. Trekkers can savor the Tibetan face of such iconic mountain. Hike the Gokyo Ri and observe pristine phenomenon of Mother Nature. Sun rising from oriole of mountains never fails to relive you from all the physical perseverance and tiredness endured during trekking. Returning back to Lukla from different route up to Namche Bazaar adds gloss to this enchanting trekking. Climbing the Renjo La Pass can be the most intrepid part of this trekking in Nepal before trekkers reach the Namche Bazaar via Thame.
Gokyo Lake Valley Trek is the jewel of trekking in Khumbu region of Nepal. It is often said that those who trek on this journey can see heaven in their life. Truly the journey endows effervescent memories. Book the package with us. We will sew together your expectations and mingle it to make you feel comfortable to realize such dream.
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport by our representative, transfer to hotel
After you land in Kathmandu, you will be welcomed by our airport representative at the Tribhuvan International Airport and afterward you will be transferred to the respective hotel. You will in brief know about your tour and check in to the hotel.
Day 02 : Sightseeing at Kathmandu valley, overnight at hotel
Today you go around Kathmandu valley and see Durbar Squares at Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan. Visit to Boudhanath will be unforgettable experience since it is one of the biggest stupas in Nepal. And, Swayambhunath located top on the mount in the city known as the Monkey Temple will also captivate you. Also, you will visit Pashupatinath, at the bank of Bagmati River which is one of the Hindus sacred places. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu
Day 03 : Fly to Lukla (2800meters) and start trek to Phakding (2640meters), overnight at guest house
From Kathmandu, you will take a picturesque flight to Lukla (2827m.). And this 40 minutes flight will offer a chance to have a close view of huge mountains adjoining to Nepal and China. We, today begin our hike descending to the Dudh Koshi River and walk on the major track to Namche Bazaar, located just above Chaunrikharka (2713m.). The track is trouble-free and following the way of small village of Ghat (2550m.) we have a little walk to Phakding.
Day 04 : Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 meters), overnight at guest house
Today we set off from Phakding and walk ahead with a minor ascend to Jorsale we get in front of a waterfall. Now, the trails villages are united with superb forest of giant firs, rhododendron and magnolia trees. Then, we walk to Namche crossing few bridges and climb a few hundred meters, a perpendicular drop and one steeper climb all the way through the forest. Overnight at guest house in Namche bazaar
Day 05 : Rest at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization, overnight at guesthouse.
It is important to walk to higher altitudes while you stay two Day in Namche bazaar. There are options here to trek to Khumjung where you can visit the local school and hospital or to Thame village of Sherpa Everest expediters and of the great Everest Sherpa Tenzing Norgay or to airstrip at Shyanboche (3720m), above the airstrip is the Everest view hotel, which was set up by the Japanese to bring affluent tourists into the region for a prime view of Everest. The scheme was brought down by the fact the hotel was at nearly 4000m and many suffer from altitude sickness.
Day 06 : Trek to Phortse (3800 meters), overnight at guest house.
The day begins with a trail that leads to Sanasa. We ascend to Mong La hill to enjoy offers great views of Amadablam and Thamserku. The trail then leads back to the Dudh Koshi at 3550m before ascending to Phortse at 3800 meters. The views of Kongde and Thamserku and the valley are mind-blowing. Phortse is a charming spot inhabited by Sherpa people and climbers.
Day 07 : Trek to Machhermo (4470 meters), overnight at guesthouse
As we start trip to Machhermo (4470 meters), we trek down to the river again. After crossing this river, we come across a junction and then follow the trail to Dole Dole (4038 meters). During the spring months, this region is full of beautiful blooms. We then climb gradually all along the side of the gorge, where we can see lush rhododendrons making way to scrub juniper as the elevation keeps increasing. Tremendous views of Cho Oyu can also be seen. This is a short day trek and we will reach Machermo in no time.
Day 08 : Trek to Gokyo Lake (4750 meters), overnight at guesthouse
Today, moving ahead from Machermo, we continue for witnessing the lakes at Gokyo which pours down the west part of the Ngozumpa Glacier. We go across the three eye-catching Lakes and across the third lake known as Dudh Pokhari and on the East shore lays the settlement of Gokyo. Walking alongside the lake, you will identify the panorama of glorious summits of Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang.
Day 09 : Trek to Fifth Lake (5000 meters) and back to Gokyo Lake, overnight at guest house
After walking for two hours from Gokyo you get to see fourth lake known as Thonak Tsho (4840m.). We walk along the trek which leads us up to the next lake fifth lake, Ngozumpa Tsho (4980m.). We can see a small hill adorned with prayer flags on the periphery of the moraine to the east of the lake. From here, you will see the stunning views of Mt. Cho Oyu, Ngozumpa glacier, Gyachung Kang, Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Makalu etc.
Day 10 : Trek to Gokyo RI (5320 meters) and back to Gokyo Lake, overnight at guest house
Today we begin trekking early taking about 2 hours to reach Gokyo Ri for a stunning view of sunrise over Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Amadablam and other several huge peaks. And the sights perceptible from here are superior to those from Kala Patthar.
Day 11 : Trek to Lungden by crossing Renjo La Pass (5,388m), overnight at guest house
We go away from the main path and cross Renjo La via Dudh Pokhari. After about 3 hours we get to Renjo La , where an unbelievable panorama lies ahead. The Everest, Lhotse, Cholatse and Taboche can be seen glowing in the sun. Patches of snow along the path while moving down can make our way down a bit dangerous. Along the way, we can see Relama Tsho and Renjo Lakes. We hike more or less for one hour to reach Lungden (4,350meter).
Day 12 : Trek to Thame (3,800m), overnight at guest house
Walking down to Thame today, we take the usual route used for centuries by Tibetan traders. Moving down, we cross the Bhote Kosi and the trail again descends to Taranga. The path then goes all the way through the valley of Langmuche Khola. We trek downward after crossing a bridge until we reach Samde, where you will have wonderful views of natural scenery. Then the path abruptly descends to Thame village.
Day 13 : Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at guest house
Today we will walk beside a river and after crossing a bridge we make our way up through birch and rhododendron forests to Namche Bazaar.
Day 14 : Trek to Lukla, overnight at guest house
Following the route to Lukla, we will scale different Sherpa villages and cross a suspension bridge above Thado Koshi. For about 45 minutes, we continue with our trek until we reach Lukla, where we reconfirm our flight reservation.
Day 15 : Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
We wake up early in the morning to take the flight for returning back to Kathmandu. On arrival in Kathmandu we are transferred back to our hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu at the hotel
Day 16 : Buffer day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Today, you have rest day for relax or you can also go for shopping in Kathmandu or you can do anything you like to by yourself.
Day 17 :Transfers to airport, departure on your own destination
Our airport representative will shift you to the airport from the hotel for your way back to home country.
What is included?
- Airport pick up and drop off, upon arrival and departure in Kathmandu (International and domestic both).
- Pre-trek briefing.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- 1 professional and friendly, A class government licensed and well English speaking mountain guide.
- 1 well experienced English speaking assistant guide if the group size exceeds 5+ persons.
- Well experienced and equipped trekking porter/s (one porter carry for 2 guest's luggage, 25 kgs - 30kgs).
- Food during the trek (full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea/coffee and seasonal fresh fruits).
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek.
- All necessary trekking permits: Sagarmatha National Park and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fee.
- Internal flight Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu for guest and guide inclusive with all taxes and transfers.
- In worst case, assist with all rescue and evacuation arrangements.
- Unique Adventure sleeping bag and down jacket, duffel bag, area trekking map.
- First aid medical kit, Oxymeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
- All organisational requirements.
What is not included?
- Nepal visa (can obtain at the airport or immigration counters at the borders: USD 25 for 15 days and USD 40 for 30 days and two passport size photographs is required).
- Your international flight to and from Nepal.
- Travel insurance (for helicopter evacuation if needed whilst trekking).
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, internet/e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Tips for guide, porter, driver.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 1,390 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 17 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 2610meter
- Max Altitude : 5320meter
- Trip starts : Lukla
- Trip ends : Lukla
- Group size : Min - 1