Around Kathmandu Valley Trek
- Superb scenery of the dozens of long ranges of mountains
- Observing the Nepalese hillsides
- Different community of the Nepalese people.
Kathmandu Valley has always been the epicenter of all economic and cultural activities of Nepal. However, the place is ideally located surrounded by the green lush forested hills. These hills have their own aspects and carry their own standards in terms of natural and cultural attractions. Hiking is very famous among westerners and for easterners as well. Trekking is the main walking holiday package made famous by various mountainous areas of Nepal. People should understand that Nepal is equally alluring for hiking lovers as well. Unique Adventure International has created different itineraries covering the surrounding hills and village in the vicinity of the valley in Around Kathmandu Valley trek package.
Journey of Around Kathmandu Valley Trek can be done from different trail head. Trekkers or hikers can start walking from Kakani hill, Sundarijal, Shivapuri and Chandragiri. These hill stations can be connected without descending back to downtown Kathmandu. If you start trekking or hiking from Sundarijal it would be double bonus for you. The cultural symbol of Nepal the Bagmati River originated in this place and is the gateway towards Langtang National Park. You can reach Tamang/Lama village of Chisapani and get back to Nagarkot the next day. These places have their own importance. Sundarijal is rich in water resources and forests. Chisapani showcases Lama/Tamang culture and villages together with terraced farmlands. Nagarkot is major touristic hill station near Kathmandu. The place is famous for viewing almost every mountain region of Nepal including Mt. Everest and Mt. Annapurna. It is famous for sunrise view point as well. Another hiking destination of Kakani also presents picturesque hilly landscape for you to capture. Shivapuri Hill which is within Shivapuri Wildlife reserve is an ideal place for bird watching and jungle walking. Therefore, trekking around the hills of Kathmandu Valley could be a refreshing thing to do.
Join Unique Adventure International for fun filled trekking in hills of Kathmandu. You don’t need to worry about altitude sickness yet you will be benefitted by the gorgeous view of mountains, rivers and forests. Book the Around Kathmandu Valley Trek package with us and circle the traditional old temple city the Kathmandu in a spectacular way.
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 02 : Drive to Kakani and start trek to High Hill Camp, overnight at guesthouse
Day 03 : Trek to Shivapuri Hill, overnight at guesthouse
Day 04 : Trek to Chisapani, overnight at guesthouse
Day 05 : Trek to Nagarkot, overnight at hotel
Day 06 : Trek to Dhulikhel, overnight at hotel
Day 07 : Drive to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 08: Leisure day in Kathmandu. overnight at hotel
Day 09: Transfer to airport, departure back home
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Drive to Budhanilkantha and trek to Shivapuri Hill, overnight at guesthouse
Day 03 : Trek to Chisapani, overnight at guesthouse
Day 04 : Trek to Nagarkot, overnight at hotel
Day 05 : Drive to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 06: Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 07: Transfer to airport, departure back home
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 02 : Drive to Sundarijal and start trek to Chisapani, overnight at guesthouse
Day 03 : Trek to Nagarkot, overnight at hotel
Day 04 : Drive to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 05: Leisure day in Kathmandu. overnight at hotel
Day 06: Transfer to airport, departure back home
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 6 days
- Best Season : Spring, Autumn & Winter
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 1340m.
- Max Altitude : 2100m.
- Trip starts : Kakani, Budhanilkantha, Sundarijal
- Trip ends : Nagarkot, Dhulikhel
- Group size : Min – 2