- Spectacular views of snow covered giant Himalayan peaks including Mt. Everest, Makalu
- Trekking through eye-catching villages
- Different community with majority of Rai, Limbu and Sherpa, exploring around Arun valley and riversides.
Every year during trekking season in Nepal lots of trekkers crowd in trekking routes of Everest, Annapurna, Langtang and Manaslu region of Nepal. If you are tranquil nature lover yet wants to behold mighty mountains then Makalu Trek journey is perfectly suited. The journey towards world’s fifth tallest mountain Mt. Makalu (8485 m) is an alluring off the beaten voyage. Unique Adventure International has tried to accommodate almost every mountain peaks of Nepal. This is to support our vision to achieve sustainable tourism in Nepal.
Makalu Trek is almost a month of adventure up in the Himalayas. Magnificent flight over hills from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar takes place as part of transportation. Walking journey starts from small village of Chichila. The journey traverses through Himalayan villages of multiethnic people. High altitude adventure, snow clad mountains and Himalayan animals are features of Makalu Base Camp Trekking. The trip of Makalu Base Camp is unique on its own as trekkers will experience green lush hilly landscape in lower belt of the trail. In the upper belt the terrain is full of granite cliffs created by the glaciers as well as waterfalls. Colorfully painted rhododendron forests at lower belt pave way for the remarkable walking journey. As the trekking progresses further the change in geographical setting will surprise trekkers immensely. The place is pristinely located in rich vein of natural ecosystem. Get away from the crowded trekking routes of Nepal and explore the tranquil Makalu Base Camp trekking route for almost a month to acquire Himalayan retreat.
Explore various scenic villages like Kauma, Tashigaon, Num, Khandbari, Mumbuk etc. and learn about hilly-Himalayan lifestyle. Get glimpses of enigmatic mountains and gather Himalayan momentous travel tales. Makalu Trek with experienced crew members of Unique Adventure International would be the most cherished vacation in Nepal. Holiday to world’s fifth tallest mountain Mt. Makalu will be an endearing adventure.
Day 01 : Arrive at Kathmandu International Airport and transfer to Hotel
Day 02 : Flight to Tumlingtar and start trek to Khadbari, overnight at guesthouse
Day 03 : Trel to Chichira, overnight at guesthouse
Day 04 : Trek to Num, overnight at guesthouse
Day 05 : Trek to Seduwa, overnight at guesthouse
Day 06 : Trek to Tashi Gaon, overnight at guesthouse
Day 07 : Trek to Kauma, overnight at guesthouse
Day 08 :Kauma rest and explore, overnight at guesthouse
Day 09 :Trek to Mumbuk, overnight at guesthouse
Day 10 : Trek to Ripock Kharka, overnight at guesthouse
Day 11 : Trek to Shersang, overnight at guesthouse
Day 12 : Trek to Makalu Base Camp, overnight at guesthouse
Day 13 : Makalu Base Camp Excursion, overnight at guesthouse
Day 14 : Trek back to Ripock Kharka, overnight at guesthouse
Day 15 : Trek to Mumbuk, overnight at guesthouse
Day 16 : Trek to Kauma, overnight at guesthouse
Day 17 : Trek to Tashi Gaon, overnight at guesthouse
Day 18 : Trek to Num, overnight at guesthouse
Day 19 : Trek to Chichira, overnight at guesthouse
Day 20 : Trek to Khandbari, overnight at guesthouse
Day 21 : Trek to Tumlingtar, overnight at guesthouse
Day 22 : Fly to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 23 : Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel
Day 24: Transfer to airport, departure
What is included?
- Airport transfers.
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Guesthouse accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Makalu Barun National Park permit fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licenced by Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced trekking porter(s).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- Flight Kathmandu - Tumlingtar - Kathmandu.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 2,290 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 23 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 3900 meter
- Max Altitude : 5000 meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min – 1