Guge Kingdom & Mt. Kailash Yatra
A wonderful journey across ‘the roof of the world’, which allows you to admire the picturesque Lhasa, legendry monasteries and fortress of Gyantse and Shigatse on a best 4WD Land Cruiser escorted by camping crew and expert local Tibetan guide. A detailed visit of ruins of ancient mystical Guge Kingdom in far western Tibet and trek around Mt. Kailash crossing very high passes are the major features of this trip.
Day 01 : Fly to Lhasa and transfer to Hotel (3660meters)
Day 02 : Sight-seeing in Lhasa, hotel.
Day 03 : Sight-seeing in Lhasa, overnight at hotel.
Day 04 : Drive to Gyantse (3950meters), overnight at guesthouse.
Day 05 : Drive to Shigatse (3900meters) - 90 Km
Day 06 : Drive to Lhatse (4050meters) - 150 Km, camp
Day 07 : Drive to Sasang - 122 Km, camp
Day 08 : Drive to Tsochen - 355 Km, camp
Day 09 : Drive to Gertse - 268 Km, camp
Day 10 : Drive to Gakyi - 372 Km, camp
Day 11 : Drive to Shiquanhe - 112 km, camp
Day 12 : Drive to Tsada - 295 Km, camp
Day 13 : Excursion Guge Kingdom (Tholing & Tsaparang), camp
Day 14 : Drive to Darchen - 280 km, camp
Day 15 : Trek to Dira Puk (Starting Kailsah Kora - Trek), camp
Day 16 : Trek to Zutul Puk (4790meters), camp
Day 17 : Trek to Darchen (4560meters), camp
Day 18 : Drive to Lake Manasarovar (4560meters) - 35km, camp
Day 19 : Drive to Paryang (4750meters) - 270km, camp
Day 20 : Drive to Saga (4699meters) - 255km, camp
Day 21 : Drive to Nyalam - 250km, guesthouse.
Day 22 : Drive to Kathmandu (1300m) - 180 km, hotel
Day 23 : Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley, overnight at hotel.
Day 24 : Final Departure to your own destination
What is included?
- • Airport transfers in Kathmandu
- • Tibet Visa and Travel Permit.
- • Twin Sharing accommodation at Star category Hotel in Kathmandu with all meals
- • One half-day sightseeing tour of Kathmandu valley
- • Insurance for Nepalese crew.
- • All necessary organisational requirements.
- • All Entrance fees
- • Transportation Kathmandu / Tibet Border / Kathmandu by private vehicle
- • Guest House/Camping arrangement supported by Nepalese Sherpa crew
- • Full board Vegetarian Meal from Manasarovar to Darchen. Accommodation with BB plan in other parts.
- • Hiring charge of Sleeping Bags
- • All transportations by Toyota Land cruisers (4 wheel drive) on 4 sharing basis
- • Supporting truck
- • Applicable entrance fees to visit Monasteries
- • Special Kailash Parikrama Permit
- • One down Jacket to each pilgrim on returnable basis plus Certificate on successful completion of Holy Yatra which retains nostalgic memories even years after undertaking this once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage tour
- • Gamow bag & Oxygen
What is not included?
- • Emergency evacuations/Rescue, if required.
- • Expenses of personal nature
- • Yak for personal riding during Parikrama
- • Necessary Yak & Yak men for Kailash Kora
- • Airfare to Kathmandu & back
- • Travel & Medical Insurance Permissions and other official formalities
Highlights of the Tour
Wonderful Lake Manasarovar, Snowcapped Mt. Kailash, Guge Kingdom, awe-aspiring Tibetan plateau and large numbers of different monasteries etc.
The conditions stated in the itinerary are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 24 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : China
- Min Altitude : 3650meters
- Max Altitude : 5630meters
- Trip starts : Lhasa
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min - 1