Kang La Pass Adventure Trek
The trail to this remote hidden valley left untouched by civilizations enters from near Chame, on the trail of popular Annapurna trek. Explore the valley to the north, visit Phu village situated on the edge and travel south to Nar Village. After crossing Kangla pass (5100m) you may have views of east of Chulu East and join main Annapurna trail.
Nar and Phu villages are the most remote villages behind the Himalayas. The elevation of the valley became prominent around 1960 when Khampa from Tibet entered Nepal in Mustang and Manang Valley. Their dialect is different from other near by area. They have not left their nomadic folklore. There are three Buddhist monasteries dedicated to Nyingmapa sect. Nar and Phu valley is the closest area that pre Buddhist tradition, culture and rituals are still in tact like in Upper Dolpo.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel
Day 02 : Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley
Day 03 : Drive to Bensisahar, overnight at lodge.
Day 04 : Trek to Bahundanda, overnight at lodge / tented camp.
Day 05 : Trek to Chamje, overnight at lodge / tented camp.
Day 06 : Trek to Dharapani, overnight at lodge / tented camp.
Day 07 : Trek to Koto, overnight at tented camp.
Day 08 : Trek to Dharmasala, overnight at tented camp.
Day 09 : Trek to Kayang, overnight at tented camp.
Day 10 : Trek to Phu village, overnight at tented camp.
Day 11 : Acclimatization and explore around Phu village, overnight at tented camp.
Day 12 : Trek to Junam, , overnight at lodge / tented camp.
Day 13 : Trek to Nar village, overnight at tented camp.
Day 14 : Explore around Nar village, overnight at tented camp.
Day 15 : Trek to Ngwal after crossing Kang La pass (5100-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Day 16 : Trek to Manang, overnight at tented camp.
Day 17 : Trek to Khangsar village, overnight at tented camp.
Day 18 : Trek to Tilicho base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 19 : Trek to Tilicho Lake, overnight at tented camp.
Day 20 : Trek to Nam Phu Kharka after crossing Mesokanta La pass (5315-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Day 21 : Trek to Jomsom, overnight at tented camp.
Day 22 : Fly out to Pokhara, overnight at tented camp.
Day 23 : Drive/fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at tented camp.
Day 24 : Departure to your own destination
What is included?
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Airport / Hotel transfers.
- Three meals in a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cosy guesthouse or Tented camp accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Annapurna Conservation Area entry permit, Special permit for Nar-Phu valley trek and Trekker's Information Management System fees.
- All necessary staff with an experienced fluent English speakinglicenced trekking guide, cook and assistant guide (as per the group size).
- Highly experienced trekking porters to carry luggage (1porter per 2 trekkers).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All governmental paperworks and procedures.
- All government and local taxes.
- Satellite phones and Gamow bag.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Visa fee for Nepal.
- International airfares, extra baggage and cargo charges
- Meals and extra night (more than stated in itinerary) accomodation in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel and rescue Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation costs.
- Your optional and extended trips e.g. sightseeing, rafting etc. (other than the negotiated)
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Highlights of the Trekking
Kang La pass, Mesokanta La pass, Annapurna ranges, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri, distinct cultures and ethnic groups.
All conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 24 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 827m.
- Max Altitude : 5315m.
- Trip starts : Benisashar
- Trip ends : Pokhara
- Group size : Min - 1