Bokta Peak Climbing - (6143m.)
Bokta peak is an adventurous trekking peak situated within the Kanchenjunga region of Nepal. This peak is climbed rarely. The permits have been issued only for this peak climbing under the Mountaineering Association of Nepal authority (2002) .It offers fantastic views of the eastern Himalayas of Nepal, as well as the third highest mountain of the world, Mt. Kanchenjunga (8586m). This climbing would be amazing adventure of a lifetime. Bokta (6,143 m) is an intimidating peak in the Kanchenjunga region in Eastern Nepal. The west side of Bokta is steep and technical, and the eastern side has no straightforward route either. The most promising route is via the col to the north of the mountain. From a high camp at the col, the route follows the snow slope from under the right shoulder to the summit. While the slope is moderately steep, the route suffers exposure to rock fall.
The region is quite different to the other climbing areas mentioned, with many fewer trekkers. The local Rai, Limbu and Sherpa make excellent Tongba, a fermented millet drink, and many grow the spice Cardamon which has brought wealth to the area. This challenging peak can be climbed by serious mountaineers in good conditions. Bokta's first ascent was by a Slovenian team in 1991.
Bokta Climbing offers fantastic Himalayas views which includes the world's third highest mountain of the world Mt. Kanchenjunga 8586m, Kumbhakarna 7710m, Dhormo Peak 6850m and mountain ranges of Kanchenjunga as well as beautiful landscape, traditional cultures on the way. Our trail begins with our first camp at Chauki and concludes at Suketar via the descent from Omje Khola, from where we fly back to Kathmandu.
Unique Adventure designs this 29-days trek for you which bestows you an unforgettable experience.
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International airport by our representative, transfer to hotel.
Soon after we land at Kathmandu International Airport, we meet our Nepali representatives who will clarify us about the tour. After the short description by our representatives, we are sent to our Hotels where we will be staying overnight.
Day 02 : Stay in Kathmandu for the official procedure & sightseeing, overnight at hotel.
Today you travel around Kathmandu valley which comprises visit around historical and saintly attractions; including Durbar Square, Boudhanath; one of the major stupas in Nepal, Swayambhunath; top on the hill in the city knows as the Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath; Hindus holy place. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Drive or fly from Kathmandu to Biratnagar to Basantapur
Day 04 : Trek Basantapur to Chauki
Day 05 : Trek Chauki to Gupa Pokhari
Day 06 : Trek Gupa Pokhari to Nesum
Day 07 : Trek Nesum to Mitlung
Day 08 : Trek Mitlung to Chirwa
Day 09 : Trek Chirwa to Sakhatum
Day 10 : Trek Sakhatum to Amjilesa
Day 11 : Trek Amjilesa to Gyabla
Day 12 : Trek Gyable to Ghunsa
Day 13 : Trek Ghunsa to Khambachen
Day 14 : Trek Khambachen to Lhonak
Day 15 : Trek Lhonak to Pang Pema to Lhonak
Day 16 : Trek Lhonak to Day Ghunsa
Day 17 : Trek Ghunsa to Khadka 4hrs
Day 18 : Trek Khadka to Lapsang La (4,500m)
Day 19 : Rest day at Lapsang La for acclimatization
Day 20 : Trek Lapsang la to High camp 5000m
Day 21 : Early mornings climb Bokta peak (6,143m) after summit back to Lapsang La
Day 22 : Trek Lapsang la to Tseram
Day 23 : Trek Tseram to Torontan
Day 24 : Trek Torontan to Yambuden
Day 25 : Trek Yambuden to Lali Khadka
Day 26 : Trek Lali khadka to Suketar
Day 27 : Fly back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
We wake up early in the morning to take the flight for returning back to Kathmandu. On arrival in Kathmandu we are transferred back to our hotel. Overnight in Kathmandu at the hotel.
Day 28 : Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Today, you have rest day for relax or you can also go for shopping in Kathmandu or you can do anything you like to by yourself. Overnight at hotel.
Day 29 : Transfer to airport, departure to your destination.
Our airport representative will transfer you to the airport from the hotel for your way back to your destination.
What is included?
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast as per the programme.
- Airport / Hotel transfers.
- Expert Climbing Guide and porter
- Three meals in a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cosy guesthouse and Tented camp accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry and trekking peak royalty fees.
- All necessary staff with an experienced fluent English speaking trekking and expedition guide trained and licenced by Nepal Mountainering Association (NMA), cook and assistant expedition guide.
- Highly experienced trekking porters to carry luggage (1porter per 2 trekkers).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All governmental paperworks and procedures.
- All government and local taxes.
- Satellite phones and Gamow bag.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Visa fee for Nepal.
- International airfares, extra baggage and cargo charges
- Visa Fee.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expenses.
- Meals and extra night (more than stated in itinerary) accomodation in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses
- Personal expedition equipment.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel and rescue Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation costs.
- Your optional and extended trips e.g. sightseeing, rafting etc. (other than the negotiated)
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Main rope, Down Sleeping, Bag, Down Jacket, Gore-Tex jacket, Trouser, Climbing boots, Trekking boot, ICE-axe with Ice hammer, Rucksack, Crampon, Stick, Harness, Get up (Boot clover), Snow Glass, ICE Screws, snow Shavel, Carbine Lock & unlock, Head Lights, Wind Proof Jacket & trouser, Down Trouser, Wind Proof Trouser, Water Bottle, Woolen Gloves, Bag Cover, Wind mask for climbing, Climbing gloves, Socks for climbing, Personal Medicine, Eight figure, Knife
Note: You can bring the necessary gears from your own country or can buy or hire from the stores at Kathmandu.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 29 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Max Altitude : 6143m.
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min - 1