Mingbo La Pass Adventure Trek
Mingbo La can be defined as an adventure trekking destination in Himalayas. It is technically pass up to Khumbu valley via the ridge of Mt. Amadablam. There are numbers of huge glaciers along the trail. The crossing of the pass requires the use of technical climbing equipment and trekkers must be skilled in the use of this and be prepared. It holds breathtaking Himalayan scenery while you are in trekking.
Days 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu; transfer to the Hotel
Days 02 : Sight seeing around Kathmandu valley
Days 03 : Fly to Lukla, overnight at lodge/tented camp.
Days 04 : Trek to Chutok (2800-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 05 : Trek to Pangkongma (2950-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 06 : Trek to Kurke (3800-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 07 : Trek to Thuli Kharka (4160-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 08 : Trek to Thasidingma (3650-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 09 : Trek to Thangnak (4320-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 10 : Acclimatization at Thangnak, overnight at tented camp.
Days 11 : Trek to Khare (4800-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 12 : Trek to Mera Base camp (5345-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 13 : Trek to High Camp (5810-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 14 : Summit Mera peak (6461-meter) and back to base camp
Days 15 : Trek to Chamlang base camp (4745-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 16 : Trek to Hunku Nup Lake (4900-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 17 : Trek to Nare glacier (5000-meter) after crossing Mingbo La pass (5815-meter), overnight at tented camp.
Days 18 : Trek to Pangboche, overnight at tented camp.
Days 19 : Trek to Namche Bazaar, overnight at tented camp.
Days 20 : Trek to Lukla, overnight at tented camp.
Days 21 : Fly back to Kathmandu
Days 22 : Departure on your own destination
What is included?
- Three meals in a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Accommodation whilst on trekking.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry and Trekkers' Information Management System fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide, trained by ministry of Culture, Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced trekking porters to carry luggage (1porter per 2 trekkers).
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- All governmental paperworks and procedures.
- All government and local taxes.
- Satellite phones and Gamow bag.
- Exclusive Medical Kit Bag
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Visa fee for Nepal.
- International airfares, extra baggage and cargo charges
- Meals and extra night (more than stated in itinerary) accomodation in Kathmandu.
- Personal expenses
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel and rescue Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation costs.
- Your optional and extended trips e.g. sightseeing, rafting etc. (other than the negotiated)
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Highlights of the Trekking
The superb views of Mt. Makalu, Lhotse, Baruntse, Amadablam, Everest, Thamserku, exploring the Himalayan village people and their way of life.
All conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 22 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 2853m.
- Max Altitude : 5815m, 6461m.
- Trip starts : Lukla
- Trip ends : Lukla
- Group size : Min - 1