Dhampus Peak Climbing (6012m)
Dhampus Peak (6012m) is situated North-east of the gigantic Dhaulagiri massif. Regarding its climbing technicalities, the peak is easy to climb. Dhampus Peak also known as a 'Thapa Peak'. The awe-inspiring altitude variation between the Dhaulagiri and Annapurna and ranges is the perfect spot to sight the vista from Dhampus Peak. The trekking way of this peak goes all the way through the pleasant Gurung village along with the thick forest. During the expedition, we will perceive many panoramic sight of surrounding peaks.
The major fascination that mesmerizes you during the Dhampus peaks are magnificent scenery of Tukuche peak and Dhaulagiri I (8163m), Nilgiri (6940m), Sita Chuchura (6611m), Tukche Peak (6920m), Thorong Peak (6484m), Tilicho peak (7134m), Yakawa Kan (6482m), Mukut Himal (6639m), Puth Hiunchuli (7246m), Tangu Peak (6197m), Tsarste (6347m) Hongde peak (6556m); and explore beautiful hamlets around Kaligandaki valley. The 3500m climb from Tukuche, will make you feel reaching at high region. The trail to Dhampus Peak will follow the west edge, which links Dhampus pass (5200m), where we will set our high camp. This expedition goes beyond the 6000m front line. As no technical skills are obligatory, any experience in trekking on snow is worthwhile.
This 17-days Dhampus Peak designed by Unique Adventure Trek will let you have the best experience ever. The best season to go for the expedition is spring and autumn. About thirty different peaks can be witnessed from the top of the peak, making it a unique vantage spot to take up mountain vistas.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu, transfer to Hotel
Soon after your arrival at Kathmandu International Airport, we meet our Nepali representatives who will clarify us about the tour. After the short description by our representatives, we are sent to our Hotels where we will be staying overnight.
Day 02 : Sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley, Hotel
Today you travel around Kathmandu valley which comprises visit around historical and saintly attractions; including Durbar Square, Boudhanath; one of the major stupas in Nepal, Swayambhunath; top on the hill in the city knows as the Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath; Hindus holy place. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03 : Drive to Beni, O/N at tented camp
Early in the morning after breakfast; you will reach to Pokhara taking a domestic flight from Kathmandu which takes half an hour. You will later be taken to your hotel and with a relaxing afternoon. You can even visit around lakeside region or you can go for boating at famous Fewa Lake. Then you will drive to Beni. We will be staying overnight in the hotel.
Day 04 : Trek to Tatopani, O/N at tented camp
Walking ahead from Beni, we will get to see the finest view of peaks like- Annapurna I (8091m), Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri I (8167m, Lamjung Himal, will be definitely mesmerizing. We will walk through the striking path of rhododendron woods alongside Ghaja khola to Tatopani. Overnight at the tented camp.
Day 05 : Trek to Ghansa, O/N at tented camp
From Tatopani, we will go behind the road to reach Ghasa. We will then walk via the stunning edge of Kaligandaki river and traverse the river via the suspension bridge which will take us to the striking place of Ghansa (2000m). Overnight at the tented camp
Day 06 : Trek to Tukuche, O/N at tented camp
From Ghansa, we will stroll along narrow kali Gandaki River valley to arrive at Khobang village. We will head straight way to the Tukuche. Overnight at tented camp in Tukuche.
Day 07 : Ascent to first camp of Dhampus peak (4000m), O/ N at tented camp
From Tukuche, we will ascend and we will reach at the base camp of Dhampus peak. While walking to the beautiful area of Dhampus peak, we will reach at the height f 4000m above sea level. Then we will further ascend to set our first camp. Overnight at the tented camp.
Day 08 : Ascent to second camp (4900m)
Today, as soon as reach at an elevation of 4900m we will set our second camp before reaching the high camp. Overnight at the tented camp.
Day 09 : Ascent to highest camp (5200m)
Day 10 : Summit day (6012m)
Early in the morning, today we will begin climbing to the summit of Dhampus peak and witness the views of Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges. Overnight at the tented camp.
Day 11 : Descent to second camp
On this day after summating the peak we will return back to our second camp. Overnight at the tented camp.
Day 12 : Trek down to Tukuche, O/N at tented camp
The track on the east shore moves up over a forested edge before returning back to the river. A series of impermanent bridges traverse the river. The west shore trail ascends to Sukung before sliding through jungles to the riverbank. We go on to follow the broad valley of the Kali Gandaki, passing all the way through Khobang and Tukuche. Overnight stay at Lodge in Tukuche.
Day 13 : Trek to Jomsom, O/N at tented camp
Tukuche is a pleasant village where contracted alleys and houses constructed around encircled quad provide some protection from the strong winds. After coming across stoned orchards, a stone gateway marks the entry to Marpha. Here, the local apple brandy is famous. As the track continues to Jomsom, the scenery becomes more and more arid and remarkable with its combination of browns and grey environment with the snow topped peaks of Nilgiri and Tilicho. The stiff winds start on to speed up on our way to Jomsom in the afternoon. Overnight stay at Lodge in Jomsom.
Day 14 : Fly out to Pokhara, Hotel
Taking about twenty minutes, we fly from Jomsom to Pokhara. The major fascinations of Pokhara are natural as well as cultural sites such as lakes, temples of Hindus and Buddhist, caves, mountain views. You can view the north region across the hill, Phewa Lake to the snow peaks of the Annapurna, Manaslu, Dhaulagiri ranges. We set off from Pokhara and travel for 6 hours to return back to Kathmandu. Overnight at lodge in Kathmandu.
Day 15 : Drive to Kathmandu, Hotel
Today, we can go around Kathmandu valley, if some important places have been missed according to your choices. After the hectic schedules of trek, today you can either go for shopping or have a day rest before departing from Nepal.
Day 16 : Free day in Kathmandu, Hotel
Today you have a rest day in Kathmandu. Or, alternatively explore around Kathmandu valley which includes visit around historical and spiritual attractions; including Durbar Square, Boudhanath; one of the largest stupas in Nepal, Swayambhunath; top on the hill in the city knows as the Monkey Temple, Pashupatinath; Hindus holy place. Stay overnight at hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 17 : Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination
This is your final day, our airport representative will drop you to the airport and you will depart from Nepal.
What is included?
- Airport transfers (domestic and international both)
- Press conference arrangement.
- 4 nights hotel accommodation at Hotel Yak and Yeti or similar with breakfast.
- Climbing Permit fee of Annapurna expedition and Annapurna Conservation Area Permit fee.
- Food & Fuel during the trek and expedition period.
- Expert climbing Guide and porter
- North Face or similar quality high altitude tent for higher camps
- Single tent for each member, staffs, climbing Sherpa at the base camp.
- 4/4 bottles of oxygen per member and guide with mask & regulator.
- Staff: Base camp Guide, Cook, Cook helper.
- Porters/Yaks to and from base camp.
- One high altitude Sherpa for one climber (1:1) who assist you whilst on climbing and summit attempt as well as carries food and gears to high camps.
- Government liaison officer, his insurance, daily allowance, equipment allowance and flight fares.
- Flight fare for member and staff (Jomsom - Pokhara - Kathmandu).
- Insurance, equipment allowance, wages and daily allowance for expedition staffs.
- All camping equipments: sleeping tents, mattress, dining tent, toilet tent, mess tent, store tent, table & chairs and other necessary kitchen utensils whilst on trekking and expedition.
- Group climbing equipment such as necessary fixed rope, ice screws, ice bars etc.
- First Aid kit bag and trekking map & duffel bag.
- Solar panel at the base camp.
- Restop toilet bag.
- Satalite phone (Pay Call).
- Walkie Talkie for each staff and member.
- Mountain cans cleaning at high camps.
- Cargo transportation to supply the food and gears to beni and back from Jomsom.
- All ground transportation
- Necessary documentation and governmental official paper works.
- All applicable taxes as per the government rules and regulations.
What is not included?
- Personal climbing gears.
- Extra hotels in Kathmandu (after 4 nights).
- Personal climbing insurance which covers travel, medical, accident, evacuation etc.
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency Rescue evacuation by helicopter.
- Visa Fee.
- Personal trekking Equipment, travel and medical insurance & helicopter rescue, personal expenses.
- Applicable permit fees and custom charges for using communication equipment, commercial filming, satellite phone, radio etc.
- Carrying bonus + Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone, e-mail, etc.
- Bar and beverage bills..
- Custom clearances in Kathmandu airport.
- Gratitute (tip) for the staff etc.
The conditions stated in the itinerary are applicable for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your need and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement and financial condition.
Main rope, Down Sleeping, Bag, Down Jacket, Gore-Tex jacket, Trouser, Climbing boots, Trekking boot, ICE-axe with Ice hammer, Rucksack, Crampon, Stick, Harness, Get up (Boot clover), Snow Glass, ICE Screws, snow Shavel, Carbine Lock & unlock, Head Lights, Wind Proof Jacket & trouser, Down Trouser, Wind Proof Trouser, Water Bottle, Woolen Gloves, Bag Cover, Wind mask for climbing, Climbing gloves, Socks for climbing, Personal Medicine, Eight figure, Knife
Note: You can bring the necessary gears from your own country or can buy or hire from the stores of Kathmandu.
Unique Adventure International always efforts to operate the itinerary as per the negotiation made. Not always, but extreme adventure activities being operated in remote mountain regions, bears high risk and needs to be flexible. Unpredictable incidents, accident, weather conditions or flight schedule may be the reason that forces us to make slight changes in our scheduled programs. We expect your patience and cooperation in such circumstances.
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 17 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 919m.
- Max Altitude : 6012m.
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min - 1