Highlights of the Trekking
- Tranquil holy Gosainkunda Lake
- Luribina La pass, Tharepati La pass
- different community with majority of Tamang, Sherpa, Gurung people
Langtang Region of Nepal Trekking is labeled as the nearby trekking destination from Kathmandu. This is really an alluring trekking region for trekkers to enjoy people, nature and mountains. Among many trekking routes in Langtang region Gosainkunda Trek is amalgamation of religious beliefs and natural beauty. Gosainkunda Lake which is situated at 4200 m from sea level has root associated with Lord Shiva and is equally sacred for Buddhists people as well. Majority of people living in this area are Tamang and are followers of both Hinduism and Buddhism. Unique Adventure International wanted to provide wilderness thrill and mythical experience to its valued clients in the form of this trekking package in Nepal.
Gosainkunda Trek can be classed as easy short trekking route in Langtang region. However, uphill walking could be daunting for those who are not familiar with regular work outs and exercises. From the trail of Gosainkunda Lake Trekking trekkers will be blessed by the scintillating vistas of mountains like Langtang Lirung, Him Chuli, Annapurna range, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Peaks of Tibet and many more. It is believed that the lake was formed from the trident of Lord Shiva thrown on the rocks. According to myth, during mining of immortal potion from sea poisonous stuff came out. Poison was about to destroy whole mankind and world. Therefore, Lord Shiva immediately swallowed all poison and stuck it in his neck. The pain was so much that he couldn’t withstand and threw trident on the rocks. Eventually Lake Gosainkunda was formed. “Trishul” means trident and weapon of Lord Shiva. River famous for rafting activities Trishuli is originated from this lake. Therefore, the lake has high significance. It is not only for religious prospects people visit this place rather nature’s splendors are also equally captivating.
Book the 12 days Gosainkunda Trek with Unique Adventure International. If you want to explore this magnificent destination by flying in helicopter or if you want to make some changes then please let us know. We are here to create a tailor made holiday package for our valued clients.
Day 01 : Meeting upon arrival at Kathmandu International Airport (1360meter) by our representative, transfer to the hotel
After we land at Kathmandu International Airport, you will be greeted by our Nepali representatives who will also explain us about our trek. After the clarification, we are sent to our respective hotels to stay a night.
Day 02 : Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley, overnight at hotel.
After our breakfast, we will go for the sightseeing Tour to Swayambhunath Stupa, where you can see lots of monkeys and a beautiful view of Kathmandu Valley. This matured stupa is also known as Monkey Temple. After that, we will be visiting Boudhanath Stupa, second biggest Stupa in the world & Pashupatinath Temple, famous Hindu Temple as well. Overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu again.
Day 03 : Drive to Dhunche (2030meter), 8hrs drive, overnight at guesthouse.
Leaving Kathmandu today we will drive to Dhunche (2030m) taking around 8 hours. Today, we will be passing through number of thick and dense forests, deep gorges and fine-looking landscapes. Overnight at guest house in Dhunche.
Day 04 : Trek to Sing Gompa (Chandanbari) (3250meter), 5hrs walks, overnight at guesthouse.
From Dhunche today our track moves all the way through the forest of oak and more to the top of spot at Foprang Danda (3190). Then, we get ahead along the government agriculture office and we will get there at Sing Gompa which is the major attraction of Chandan Bari. Overnight at Sing Gompa in guest house.
Day 05 : Trek to Gosainkunda (4380meter), 6.30hrs walks, overnight at guesthouse.
Today, we leave Sing Gompa and climb steadily up to Chalang pati (3650m). Moving further from Chalang pati, the views of Langtang Lirung and the wonderful forest filled up with pines and rhododendrons can be witnessed. The trail goes further up to to Laurebina Yak. And then climbs up till we reach a small temple which has a statue of Sakyamuni and climbing further you can see superb views of Saraswati kunda. After trekking for few hours you will also observe terrific views of Bhairab Kunda and moving further up you will reach to Gosainkunda. Overnight at guest house in Gosainkunda.
Day 06 : Trek to Ghopte (3430meter) after crossing Lauri Bina La pass (4610meter), 7.30 hrs walks, overnight at guesthouse.
The trail today moves towards the northern region of Gosainkunda Lake and then traverse across a moraine. Also, we pass through three more small lakes and then you will reach Laurebina La (4610m). The track moves to National Park Post at Bhera Goth (4240m) and further move to Phedi (3740m). From Phedi the way moves down and climbs passing scrub, bamboo to reach Dupichaur (3630m) and finally we arrive at Ghopte. Overnight at guest house in Gopte.
Day 07 : Trek to Tharepati (3510meter), 2.30hrs walks, overnight at guesthouse.
Today our way moves down from Ghopte and we need to walk on number of ascending and descending paths to go across moraines. We after that, make a last climb of today to reach Tharepati viewing the fine views along the path. Overnight at guest house in Tharepati.
Day 08 : Trek to Kutumsang (2470meter), 4.30 hrs walks, overnight at guesthouse.
From Tharepati our path continues passing all the way via number of forests to arrive at Magen Goth (3420m) and after that to Panghu. Also, we will move downward through the forest of rhododendrons and firs and witness the stunning and wonderful peaks while reaching to Khutumsang (2450m). Overnight at guesthouse in Kutumsang.
Day 09 : Trek to Chisapani (2170meter), 6hrs walks, overnight at guesthouse.
Today, the track moves downs to the attractive village of Gul Bhanjyang. And, from Gul Bhanjyang our path moves all along the wooded edging and then we climb to Thodang Betini (2260m) and trekking further ahead we reach Chipling (2170m). Making a perpendicular drop, the trail moves to Pati Bhanjyang (1860m). It is a village of Brahman and Chhetri. Then, the route continues to Chisapani where you will view the majestic Himalayan views and the beautiful sunrise view over the enormous Himalaya. Overnight at guest house in Chisapani.
Day 10 : Trek to Sundarijal (1460meter) and drive back to Kathmandu, 3.30hrs walks, 1hr drive, overnight at hotel.
From Chisapani today, we walk further on through the forest of oaks, rhododendron etc. which will take you to Borlang Bhanjyang (2440m). En-route, you will notice the Army check post. Here, Shivapuri entrance permit is checked, and then we shift to Mulkharka (1800m) where you can see a wonderful view of Kathmandu valley. Walking down again through the forest you will enter Sundarijal. Overnight at guest house in Sundarijal.
Day 11 : Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Today, our day is separated to do our own stuffs such as shopping in Kathmandu or if we want, we can even stay in our Hotels and rest for the whole day. Tonight, we will be spending our night at the same hotel.
Day 12 : Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination
Today, after the breakfast, we are transferred to Kathmandu airport for our final departure.
What is included?
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Syarubesi with breakfast as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Cosy guesthouse & Tented camp accommodations whilst on trekking.
- Langtang Natinal Park, Controlled area Special permit and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- An experienced fluent English speaking guide trained and licenced by Government of Nepal, Ministry of Tourism & Civil Aviation.
- Highly experienced trekking porter.
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Airport transfers.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 1,350 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 12 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 2030 meter
- Max Altitude : 4700 meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min - 1