Tamang Heritage Trail
Tamang Heritage, the nearest trekking destinations from Kathmandu will let you witness natural beauty and see distinctive culture of Langtang. Tamang Heritage was a restricted area located near to the Tibetan border. This previously unexplored area has recently been developed as popular trail also to visit Langtang National Park.
Now, the Government of Nepal has issued entry permits for foreigners to visit this area. Hyalmo and Tamang people are the main people residing in this region that is why the trail is titled as Tamang Heritage Trail. Trekking in the trail is one of the memorable experiences rich with natural resources blend with unique Tamang culture. Ancient way of life of indigenous Tamang people welcomes you to have home stay during the trek. The natural beauty and magnificent mountain views are the major attractions of the trail. These people are said to have migrated from Tibet, China centuries ago. This trail keeps on following to the North leaving Langtang trek at Syabrubesi.
Langtang Trek is with no doubt an exhilarating trekking into the Himalayas. The Langtang region is as beautiful as any Tibetan high ground with tranquil rural scenery and the attractive cultural heritage of Nepalese Tamang inhabitants. This moderate and fairly strenuous 10-days Tamang Heritage Trek as designed by Unique Adventure International offers wilderness experience along with cultural experience via sriking landscapes of alpine terrain, flat meadows and rhododendron forests. The trail starts from Syabrubesi and passes all the way through Goljung, Gatlang, Thurman and Briddim. The trail ends back in Syabrubesi bestowing you one of the best experiences you ever had. Trekking to Himalayan Heritage is best during spring and autumn. And you may also accommodate at lodge during the trek.
Day 01 : Representative from UAI receives you at Tribhuvan International Airport at Kathmandu, Transfer to hotel.
After we land at Kathmandu International Airport, you will be greeted by our UAI representatives who will also explain us about our trek. After the clarification, we are sent to our respective hotels to stay a night.
Day 02 : Guided sightseeing tour around Kathmandu Valley, overnight at hotel.
After our breakfast, we will go for the sightseeing Tour to Swayambhunath Stupa, where you can see lots of monkeys and a beautiful view of Kathmandu Valley. This matured stupa is also known as Monkey Temple. After that, we will be visiting Boudhanath Stupa, second biggest Stupa in the world & Pashupatinath Temple, famous Hindu Temple as well. Overnight at a hotel.
Day 03 : Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi, Overnight at lodge.
We today travel from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi passing through Trishuli River which takes approximately eight hours to arrive at Syabrubesi. On the way you will see picturesque foothills and ridgeline scenery which takes you to Syabrubesi. While passing all along the road at the shore of Trishuli River you hold a glance of Ganesh Himal. Overnight at Syabrubesi at lodge.
Day 04 : Trek Syabrubesi to Gatlang, overnight at home stay.
You will today trek from Syabrubesi to Goljung (1946m) which requires 4 Â½ hours walk. Here you get the experience to explore the Tamang way of life. Moving from Gojlung, you will reach at Gatlang walking for further 4 hours. From the view point here, you will see beautiful landscape. Here too you will get a chance to see exceptional cultural show which makes your trip a memorable one. Gatlang that rises on a hillside amid the terraced fields is a Tamang community. One can also visit a Tamang monastery here and beautiful Parvatikunda Lake. Overnight at tented camp in Gatlang.
Day 05 : Trek Gatlang to Tatopani, overnight at home stay.
To reach Tatopani (2607m.) from Gatlang, it takes around 3 hours. En-route you can take pleasure in seeing the views of Langtang range and Ganesh Himal. Tatopani in Nepali literally means 'hot water'. Here you can take hot bath in hot springs and it is believed that bathing in this spring would alleviate from aches and pains. Overnight at Tatopani.
Day 06 : Trek Tatopani to Thuman, overnight at home stay
It takes around 5 hours to reach Thuman (2338m.) from Tatopani passing all the way through Nagthali Ghyang (3165m). From Nagthali Ghyang you will see the exciting views of Langtang, Ganesh Himal, Kerung, Sanjen range can be observed. Nagthali actually used to be a famous meditation place for the local priests and monks. While Thuman is a cultural village which is known for its Shamanic acts and arresting views of Langtang.
Day 07 : Trek Thuman to Briddim, overnight at home stay.
Today we depart from Thuman and reach Rasuwagadhi taking around 5 hours. Taking around 7 hours more we will reach Briddim. This day you can view Tibeto Burman Tamang way of life on the way. You can discover village life of Briddim. Home stay for overnight in Briddim.
Day 08 : Trek Bridrim to Syabrubesi, overnight at lodge.
Today we will move from Bridim Village to arrive at Syabrubesi. The upper part of the trail is more striking for the stunning views of mountains and green hill s. This way is broader and remains vivid through the diverse Shepra and Tamang villages. And then the trail suddenly decline to the Syabrubesi (1600m.). Overnight at Syabrubesi.
Day 09 : Drive back Syabrubesi to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
We drive for about eight hours, to reach Kathmandu from Syabrubesi. We experience marvelous views of terraces, hills, mountains and villages. Overnight at Kathmandu in Hotel.
Day 10 : Transfer to International Airport for final departure to your destination
Today, after the breakfast, we are transferred to Kathmandu airport for our final departure.
What is included?
- Hotel accomodation at Kathmandu with breakfast plan as per the programme.
- Three meals a day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) with hot beverage and snacks whilst on trekking.
- Home-stay and lodge accommodation during the trekking period.
- Langtang National Park entry permit, special trekking permit and Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) fees.
- Highly experienced trekking crew (Cook, Kitchen helper, Porters etc.)
- Staff food, accommodation, clothing, salary & insurance.
- All necessary ground transportation.
- Airport transfers.
- All governmental procedure.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepali restaurant.
What is not included?
- Meals at Kathmandu.
- Personal nature expenses.
- Bar and beverage bills.
- Your Travel Insurance.
- Rescue & Evacuation.
- Gratitude (tip) for staff.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
We would like you to know that although we try to follow the program given above, at times local trails or weather conditions may compel us to make slight changes if necessary. The itinerary may also vary slightly subject to our trekkers' acclimatization rates. This odyssey goes into untamed territory above the timberline, so we seek to request maximum flexibility if and when required for the safety of your trip and your life. Thank you so much for your understanding. We value your precious life.
US $ 970 per personQuick Inquiry Forward to friend
Quick Fact of the Trip
- Trip Duration : 10 days
- Best Season : Spring & Autumn
- Country : Nepal
- Min Altitude : 1400 meter
- Max Altitude : 3870 meter
- Trip starts : Kathmandu
- Trip ends : Kathmandu
- Group size : Min – 1