Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Trek
Highlights of the Trekking
- Mysterious landscapes of Mustang including walled city Lo-manthang, Charang, Ghami village.
- Large numbers of ancient monasteries with primitive monuments, caves, etc.
- Three full days of Tiji Festival oberservation and celebration with dancing and traditional music.
Tiji Festival Lo Manthang also known as Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Trek is now open to book with Unique Adventure International. The dates of the festival have been published. The Tiji festival this year will be celebrated on 12th, 13th and 14th May 2018.
Join us and experience like never before the traditions, culture and history of the forbidden kingdom of Nepal lying beyond White Mountains on the northern side of country. While our trekkers trek on the famous trail of Upper Mustang trekking our guide will be very handy to explain all the trekkers about the information on Tiji Festival. Tiji is a captivating yearly three-day celebration comprising of Tibetan customs that praise the myth of a child who needed to spare the Mustang kingdom from obliteration. The celebration is indigenous to Lo-Manthang, Upper Mustang. "Tiji" the name is a shortened form of "Tempa Chirim" which signifies "Supplication for World Peace". This celebration honors the triumph of Lord Buddha's incarnation Dorjee Sonnu over an evil spirit called Man Tam Ru a horrible animal nourishing on people and causing tempests and dry spells. Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Trek or Tiji Festival Lo Manthang has been so splendid cultural yet adventurous walking journey ever.
The Tiji celebration generally happens around mid May and goes on for 3 days. The priests of Lo Manthang's "Choedhe" religious community perform custom moves amid the festival. The provocation of Ma Tam Ru Ta (in a move called "Tsa Chham" on the principal day), the introduction of Dorjee Sonnu as the evil presence's child (on the second day called "Nga Chham") and the endeavor to restore the devil to Lord Buddha's domain (on the third and last day) are instituted amid the exhibitions. The Tiji celebration moves are altogether composed by the Choedhe Monastery, which has a place with the Sakya organization of Buddhism. The religious community is going by a Rimpoche. Around 65 priests from Lo Manthang, Nhenyul and Chhosyer live in this religious community.
Book the Upper Mustang Tiji Festival Lo Mangthang Trek package with us. Fixed departures happen and limited seats are only available. Book it for private tour or join the group.
04th May 2018 Day 01: After your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport (1350m), Kathmandu, transfer to hotel by our representative.
05th May 2018 Day 02: Stay in Kathmandu, sightseeing around Kathmandu valley and official procedure, overnight at hotel.
06th May 2018 Day 03: Depart to Pokhara (920m), overnight at hotel.
07th May 2018 Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2710m) and trek to Kagben (2800m)i, overnight at guesthouse.
08th May 2018 Day 05:Trek to Tsaile (3050m), overnight at guesthouse.
09th May 2018 Day 06: Trek to Geling (3440m) , overnight at guesthouse.
10th May 2018 Day 07: Trek to Tsarang (Charang - 3490m), overnight at guesthouse.
11th May 2018 Day 08: Trek to Lo-Manthang , overnight at guesthouse.
Tiji Festival Starts
12th May 2017 Day 09: Stay in Lo Manthang (3840m), first day of Tiji Festival observe, overnight at guesthouse.
13th May 2017 Day 10: Stay in Lo Manthang (3840m), second day of Tiji Festival observe, overnight at guesthouse.
14th May 2017 Day 11: Stay in Lo Manthang (3840m), Third or Final day of Tiji Festival observe, overnight at guesthouse.
Tiji Festival Ends
15th May 2018 Day 12 : Trek to Ghami (3510m) via Marang La Pass and Ghar Gompa, overnight at guesthouse.
16th May 2018 Day 13: Trek to Samar (3700m), overnight at guesthouse.
17th May 2018 Day 14: Trek to Chhusang (3370m), overnight at guesthouse.
18th May 2018 Day 15: Trek to Jomsom (2710m), overnight at hotel.
19th May 2018 Day 16: Fly to Pokhara (920m), overnight at hotel.
20th May 2018 Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu (1350m), overnight at hotel.
21st May 2018 Day 18: Leisure day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
22nd May 2018 Day 19: Transfer to airport, departure onward destination.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
All conditions stated in the itinerary are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement regarding your interest and financial condition.