Dolpo Adventure Trek
- Exploration the serenity of high Himalayan panorama
- Serene Lake Phoksundo
- Discover the dry landscapes of Dolpa and Mustang region and numbers of ancient monasteries etc.
Dolpo Adventure Trek is a challenging trekking route among Dolpo Region Trek trails. Unique Adventure International wishes to deliver services beyond expectations. On such course we have luxury trek routes to challenging intrepid trekking trails on offer. This trekking route of Nepal in the off the beaten trekking trails category is probably the most diverse and equally difficult trekking route. The longest yet magnificent trekking route of Nepal is its popular name among adventure trekkers. Within Dolpo region of Nepal the trekker will be able to reach the Annapurna Circuit Trek route in Jomsom as well.
Dolpo Adventure Trek starts with the regular Dolpo Shey Gompa Trekking. After trekkers reach the Shey Gompa in the Upper Dolpo Region they will take the challenging route towards Jomsom. This is not included in the regular Dolpo Trekking in Nepal. There used to be only Lower Dolpo Trek and Upper Dolpo Trek. The latter reaches the Shey Gompa Monastery and the former is up to Shey Phoksundo Lake. The journey is challenging yet interesting as trekkers will gallop through hilly villages of Mid Western Nepal as well as Tibetan influenced Himalayan villages. Witness plethora of Himalayan wildlife in Phoksundo National Park and trek towards the Upper Dolpo Shey Gompa Monastery. This junction of the trekking is also challenging but the most intrepid and arduous task lay ahead. Crossing of Buga La Pass and Numa La Pass is very arduous. You will have to use all your perseverance and endurance during walking on these extreme high passes of Upper Dolpo Trek region of Nepal. Once trekkers trek past these passes and some hamlets along the way the beautiful Jomsom Village awaits on other side of the hills.
Get glimpses of mountains, experience authentic rural Nepalese multiethnic villages and cross high passes in the Himalayan terrain during Dolpo Adventure Trek. As name suggests our travel planners at Unique Adventure International planned this itinerary for the extreme adventure lovers. Join us for fun, challenge and gather wilderness adventure.
Day 01 : Arrival at Kathmandu, transfer to hotel.
Day 02 : Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley, overnight at hotel.
Day 03 : Fly to Nepalganj, overnight at hotel.
Day 04 : Fly to Juphal and trek to Dunai, overnight at tented camp.
Day 05 : Trek to Renje, overnight at tented camp.
Day 06 : Trek to Hanke, overnight at tented camp.
Day 07 : Trek to Phoksundo Lake, overnight at tented camp.
Day 08 : Rest at Phoksundo Lake for acclimatization, overnight at tented camp.
Day 09 : Trek to Baga La Base Camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 10 : Trek to Numa La base camp after crossing Baga La pass, overnight at tented camp.
Day 11 : Trek to Dho after crossing Numa La Pass, overnight at tented camp.
Day 12 : Trek to Chharka La Base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 13 : Trek to Chharka Bhot after crossing Chharka La pass, overnight at tented camp.
Day 14 : Rest at Chharkabhot, overnight at tented camp.
Day 15 : Trek to Toje La base camp, overnight at tented camp.
Day 16 : Trek to Sanda after crossing Toje La pass, overnight at tented camp.
Day 17 : Trek to Sangda, overnight at tented camp.
Day 18 : Trek to Jomsom, overnight at tented camp.
Day 19 : Fly to Pokhara, overnight at hotel.
Day 20 : Drive back to Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 21 : Free day in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
Day 22 : Transfer to airport, departure on your own destination.
Recommended Gear Lists:
- Good wind/rain jacket
- Warm fleece jacket or jersey
- Good boots, either light-weight trekking boots or light full leather boots
- Good -20 Sleeping bag (which can be rented or buy in Kathmandu)
- A comfortable day pack, preferably with a waistband.
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional)
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell jacket
- Down vest and/or jacket (optional)
- Lightweight gloves
- Heavyweight gloves or mittens with a waterproof shell outer
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Hiking shorts
- Lightweight cotton long pants
- Light and expedition weight thermal bottom
- Fleece or wool pants
- Waterproof (preferably breathable fabric) shell pants
- Thin, lightweight inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Hiking boots with spare laces
- Camp shoes (sneakers and/or sandals)
Other necessary equipment:
- Headlamp (e.g. Petzl Zoom) with spare bulbs and batteries
- Small pad or combination lock-to-lock trek bag
- Basic First Aid Kit (We also provide comprehensive first aid medical kit and Oxymeter)
- Large plastic bags - for keeping items dry inside trek bag
- Day pack (approximately 2500 to 3000 cubic inches)
- Water bottles (2 bottles recommended)
- Small wash towel
All conditions stated in the itinerary are for the visitors who prefer full package programme. At the same time, we also serve you based on your choice. The selection of itineraries and the staff depends on your choice and financial procurement. We have options for any partial visit as per your requirement regarding your interest and financial condition.