Foreigners who intend to visit Nepal must hold valid passport or any travel document equivalent to passport issued by the government for visiting a foreign country prior to apply for visa. All the foreigners can obtain Nepal visa upon arrival at Kathmandu airport, or at border immigration offices (if you are entering from surface).
No foreigners is entitled to enter into and stay in Nepal without valid visa. Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepalese Embassy or Consulate or other mission offices located on entry points in Nepal.
Visa can get from following immigration offices in Nepal:
- Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
- Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
2. Chinese citizen
Chinese citizen are requested to apply in Nepalese Embassy or other Nepalese diplomatic missions as there is no provisioni of on arrival visa for them.
3. Visa Fee:
visa fee required obtaining Tourist visa from Nepalese diplomatic agencies and entry points.
1. US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 15 days.
2. US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 30 days.
3. US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for Tourist Visa with Multiple Entry for 100 days.
4. Regardless of the provision stated i 1 and 2, toursits with passport from South Asian Associaitn for Regional Cooperateion (SAARC) nations aren't requited to pay visa for for 30 days.
5. Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
4. Fee required to extend duraiton of visa or renew visa:
a. US$ 2 or equivalent Nepalese currency per day for extension.
b. Additional US$ 20 or equivalent Nepalese currency on visa fee as per 2(b),if Multiple Entry facility is required for the extended period.
c. If foreign visitiors that haven't renewed thier visa & want to renew their visa , they have to pay additional Nepalese currency equivalent to US$ 3 on the regular visa extension fee.
d. Foreign visitors who have overstayed their visa period of 150 days without extension are required to pay visa fee as per provision in 2(c) and punishment as per Clause 10 sun-clause 4 of immigration Act 2049.
e. Regardless of provision stated in 2(a), 15 days is counted as minimum extension period visa fee is charged accordingly. For extension period more than 15 days. visa fee is charged as per the provision of 2(a).
f. Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December).
Transit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal's immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency
- Nepal Visa can be obtained from Nepal Embassy / Consulate Offices in your country, or upon arrival at Kathmandu airport. It is also possible to obtain the visa from other point of entries (at border). You'll need 1 photo each time.
- For foreign investors business visa with multiple entry facility for a period of one year and five years can be obtained from the Department of Immigration on the recommendation of Department of Industry and Commerce by paying US $ 100 and US $ 250 or equivalent convertible foreign or Nepali currency.
Note: While we try to make the information contained herein as accurate as possible, we accept no responsibility for any loss, disruption or inconvenience sustained by anyone using this information.